Is pages the macbook version of microsoft office?

'cause I cant download microsoft office and I'm just wondering if pages is similar, because i need to do some homework. I know pages isnt a microsoft programme but just wondering is it the same stuff included in it?

Im wondering is it just as good as microsoft?

• Drew

Pages is Apple's version of Microsoft Word. You can also download Numbers, which is Apple's version of Excel, and Keynote, their version of PowerPoint. Apple don't make versions of OneNote, SharePoint, Publisher, Access, or the other programs bundled with Microsoft Office.

I hope this helps.

I use Pages, and barely find any purpose for Word. There are some useful things missing (some of the more advanced formatting tools, and Mail Merge), but overall it's excellent. It is, unlike another answerer has suggested, a word processor, but it does encompass page layout options that aren't usually associated with processors.

"... i won't be able to acquire microsoft directly to my macbook air" of direction you could. "acquire" means get something in the direction of the internet. "deploy" means open an installer an finished the setting up. See the link below to acquire "Microsoft". BTW, "Microsoft" is the business enterprise; place of work 2011 is the product. Pages is the Apple be conscious processing / web site format app. it could export a .rfile report it particularly is the old variety of MS be conscious rfile.

Microsoft do make a version of Office for Mac!

http://www.software4students.co.uk/products/micros...

Pages is very different from Microsoft Word. Microsoft Word is Word processing software, as you might guess by its name. Pages is page layout software, which you might also guess from its name.

Word processors work differently from page layout programs.

Microsoft Word is the best word processing software available.

Pages is a simple, easy to use, introductory page layout program. If you're looking for the best in page layout software consider Adobe Creative Suite.