Do you believe in spirits?

I've never had an experience quite like what happened last night. I had to go to my friends house, so when I got there all the parking spaces in front of her street were taken, leaving me to park around the corner. I swear there was no one in the street and as I was nearing I felt a sudden pull on the back of my sweater. It was strong enough for me to feel it and quickly turn around but nothing was there. If it had been a person, or a kid playing a prank I would of clearly had heard foot steps, or noise of any sort. And it couldn't of been something falling from a tree since I was walking in the middle of the street with nothing above me.

After that I pretty much walked as fast as I could to my friend's house. I didn't say anything to her, or ask if maybe something odd happens around that corner because she is too level headed and would probably just laugh at me thinking I made it up. When I left I was so nervous walking again the same path I started picking at my phone for distraction. The worst part was once I got into my car, I (idiotically) made my nervousness grow larger by thinking that something would pop up from the backseat so I stayed clear from looking at my rear view mirror the whole way back. lol

Has anything similar to this happened to you? Any stories welcome :)

@ᏦᎪᏝᎬᏝiᏌᎦ I would of sh*t my pants, that's pretty damn scary.

Favorite Answer

Well I'm not really into occult stuff, but there was this one time when I was watching tv, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dark figure starring at me from atop my neighbors roof. It had a humanoid shape, and when I turned to look at it, it leapt away. That really gave me a fright.

And no, I'm not joking -_-

EDIT: You haven't been dabbling in anything like a ouija board have you?

• Todd

The only answer so far that got it right is peter's. You, as a living organism and human being will create in your mind whatever it needs to survive.

To be blunt, you are making your own phantasms, and people do this all the time, some for solace, some out of fear. This is completely normal. We do this because there's nothing absolutely certain subconsciously. You just have to realize those are products of your mind (beneficial or harmful). Then, you can walk around day to day comfortably but understanding _real_ danger still exists. It's a balance thing.

People also sometimes think they are abducted by aliens :)

You don't have to worry about imaginary kids tugging on your blouse. Well, you can, if that floats your boat; meaning, if it makes you accept reality better.

Source(s): Name the scientific or medical journal. I've probably read it, and read it with discernment.

Not really but it's possible... I was knocked down while trying to make a morning shower mysteriously and I was honestly like WTF... And their are satanism practices that happen even on the t.v. They are disguised so well it's usually not obvious..

"because she is too level headed and would probably just laugh at me thinking I made it up"

^That sucks... Is she an Earth sun/moon sign by any chance?

They are real. My family is in Christian Ministry and we have done several deliverances over the years. I expect Todd would say its just a figment of their imagination to help them deal with reality. Whatever. he has never experienced a demon in a young tormented child calling out by name certain peoples specific un-repented of secret sins in a church gathering. things a child her age would have no knowledge or understanding of...The spirit only leaves via a command given in the Name of Jesus, by someone striving to live a holy life. Not in the name of Buddha, Mohammed, Allah, Moses or any Hindu deity. It doesn't work. they only respond to the name of Jesus. Ive seen it hundreds of times over the last twenty five years.The way you measure a persons freedom after this deliverance is whether or not their life has changed. transformation is especially evident in the lives of children who knew nothing previously of the spirit realm and their lives radically change, no fear, no unusual anger or violent outbursts, no sadness, depression, etc.. remarkable. Its not a case of a child blaming their problems on a spirit then thinking in fairytale fashion that it magically is made to leave so their troubles vanish. People with severe emotional and even mental trouble aren't "cured" by 'thinking' a foreign entity left them, especially if they were not aware of one in the first place. But when someone with real -not imagined- problems has their life revolutionized... (ie) set free from addictions, fear, or trauma related behavior, anger, unforgiveness, lust etc are the major ones. esp. unforgiveness.... it opens the door to torment. a person must forgive the person they held anger towards first or the spirit has legal right to stay. once the person forgives whoever it is, then you can cast the whatever spirit is tormenting them out. Bottom line, 25 plus years of experience has shown me authority over the spirit realm is only found in the Name of Jesus. Holy water and crosses and Bibles pressed to your forehead do absolutely nothing. you fight a spirit with The Spirit. you can only evict an evil spirit by a Stronger Spirit, the Holy Spirit. tangible things like water, crucifixes and blessed water have no power over an evil spirit. Only Jesus works! p.s I am not at all suggesting you are demonized by any means. only that spirits are real and can be dealt with quite effectively if you know what you're doing or where to go for ministry. all you need to do if you think you are having an encounter is 1) make sure you've asked Jesus to be your Savior and Lord, 2) command in His Name (like power of attorney) for the evil spirit to leave. Reason: you have to Have Jesus' Spirit (the Holy Spirit) living inside you first, for it to work. Jesus' Spirit living in you is the only authority an evil spirit will obey. more info on this subject if interested in the New Testament, Mark 16:16, 17 , Luke 9:42 Luke 10 :16-21, notice when Jesus rebukes a spirit, a child is healed. its obvious they are real because you don't rebuke an inanimate thing like a chair or a ball, you only rebuke a personality, an entity with a will.... So Jesus himself recognized they are real and taught his disciples, including us by extension, how to deal with hem. ... Have courage! you'll be fine, trust Jesus!

Source(s): life experience, the Bible, Church History

yes, i do really and obviously believe it..

me, myself and I had experience it on my last birthday...

it felt so creepy, but i just thought maybe it was just my imagination or something but naturally

our family are religiously in spirits and they respect their merits,and you know mt uncle also been

attacked in that strange phenomena happen to him, when he first enter college.

HIS UNIVERSITY WAS HAUNTED and it happened that he can see ghost since he was 3 years old..

he just went to the comfort room when suddenly he saw a lady standing right next to him..

he's not sure if it was just an ordinary student in the campus, but it was crying..

and her clothes was full of dirty blood..

and when he was about to touch the lady. it ran away outside the comfort...

through the hallways.. and GONE....

Yup I've had numerous experiences with other people & there is no logical explanation for any of them. They even convinced hard line atheist of the paranormal who witnessed such events as well.

• esco

I am such a mn of science but his is the scariest **** I have to deal with in my life. I believe their are things about the universe we do not understand at all I find it hard to beleive so many people experience things like this th @esco_marcus at others may not believe.. especially the things flying.. creepy

@esco_marcus

Source(s): @esco_marcus

I do believe in spirits.

My friend used to live in a house where the cupboard doors would randomly fly open...and they would ALWAYS hit her dad in the head. He was the same way as your friend, he would say "The house is uneven so the cupboards do that sometimes." That might have been believable, except for him getting hit in the head every single time and the fact that they didn't just open, they FLEW open. Like someone whipped them open. It always felt like someone was watching you in that house too..Creepy.

Yes, because one tim i was taking a shower and whenever i opened my eyes i seen a scary looking guy and when i closed them and opened them again he was gone. then i seen him at the edge of my bed.

You probably got tricked by your own brain this happens quite often if your are nervous or got high stress levels.

for more about this phenomena check this link out: http://www.demosentialdesign.com/go/H6l3b.php

Source(s): logic