Good lip balms for dry lips?

I have really noticeable dry chapped lips, I've tried everything Vaseline & various lip balms with no luck. does anyone have one they think REALLY works or any tips? I also brush dead skin off lightly with a toothbrush & this can help.

Favorite Answer

I seriously SERIOUSLY recommend carmex it smells really good if you get the cherry one, it also work so well and fast, if you haven't tried it yet it's a must!

First: DON'T lick your lips. That will leave them really chapped even though it works for a little.

Second: Apply Burt's Bees chap stick (original works fine unless you want a good fragrance if so use any of the fruit ones, they seem to work best)

Third: On top of that apply any Co. Bigelow lip gloss. I found the Cinnamint one works best for me. You can get them at Bath and Body Works for about 8 dollars but they normally have a sale going.

Fourth: Lipstick. Any brand of lipstick will work. You might want to find one that says like stays longer, no wear, etc.

Reasoning: Burt's Bees chapstick works fairly well but needs a little help, Co. Bigelow revitalizes your lips but it can come off easily if you don't put lipstick on top of it.

My lips were terminally chapped for years until I asked how my friends lips stayed so healthy. I play an instrument so I have to lick my lips a lot so I know how much it damages your lips. If you can't find Burt's bees try Soft Lips. It isn't as good but it will do the job enough.

I hope this helps!!!!!

Source(s): Experience. I really hope I helped.

I literally have them all, and use them religiously during the winter season!

Burt's Bees, eos, Sugar Lip Treatment, Bonne Bell Lip Smacker, C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve, Victoria's Secret Soothing Lip Balm, Philosophy Kiss Me High Emollient Lip Ointment, MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15, Blistex Lip Medex, and Beecology Natural Lip Balm

Hope I helped!

U may not believe it but i never had dry,cracked or chapped lips but its a thing that i learned feom my grandma put vaseline every night before u sleep.... brush the dead skin off and then put honey for 5 mints then rinse it with cool water... works like magic

Source(s): My own lips

Umm... I'd say Baby Lips by Maybelline.

Revlon lip butters! They're so moisturising and they also have a lovely tint to them!

carmex, blistex , EOS, burts bee wax

i love burts bees and nivea!!