My mum hates my boyfriend for no reason, what should I do?

For some reason, my mother appears to hate my boyfriend of 7 months. She has never explicitly said so, but it's obvious enough to tell from her body language and the small things that she says. When he comes over, she never talks to him and has such a cold exterior and he is nothing but polite and chatty. When he tries to talk to her, she doesn't look him in the eye and he receives monotone, monosyllabic answers. This is not her normal behaviour, around my best friend who is a girl, she is very warm and chatty. I cannot think why she is like this as he is a really nice person and he's very smart and ambitious. Yes, we've had a few arguments like any couple but he's never done anything to purposefully hurt me. He treats me like a princess, always taking me out, paying for my meals and telling me that im beautiful constantly. I really cannot see her problem. Please can someone enlighten me if you have been in a similar situation? I really need to know how to sort this out as he no longer feels comfortable coming round as he feels like an outsider.

first commenter, STFU, its a figure of speech. Second commenter, yes I agree that would solve the problem but I am only 17 and he is 18 and we are both still in education therefore we have no financial means of getting a place of our own and his parents would have a thing or two to say about me coming to live with them...

• Lilly

Move in with him.

Is this your first boyfriend? Most parents tend to reject the idea of there children growing up. If it isn't, he may have unintentionally offended her. Or he has a bit of a secret personality... Just ask her about, tell he you want the truth so that they can fix what's going on.

Princess? Lmfao

Well obviously if your mom is the really sweet type and loves you to death then she probably sees something in him that she doesn't like. Maybe something bad... Or maybe she just thinks he's not good enough for you. Ya he may do all those little things to make you happy bt she prob doesn't know about them... And if you honestly think he deserves it then try to convince him that he's nicer than she gives home credit for.

Source(s): Just me :)

there are a few possible reasons for this...

1} your boyfriend made a pass at her

2} your mum wants to have 'relations' with him

3} she is jealous

so my advice is try to set up some sort of orgy if your mum isnt in to it then she is jealous, so just move in with him.

hope this helps :)

Make your bf act warm around your mom?