Do you know what a transistor or thermionic valve is?

I really do hope there are people out there that know what these are. What about a capacitor or resistor? Do people really appreciate the technological innovation that was required to bring you a desktop computer, tablet PC, or smartphone? I find these things amazing, but it really bugs me when I try to bring these... show more I really do hope there are people out there that know what these are. What about a capacitor or resistor? Do people really appreciate the technological innovation that was required to bring you a desktop computer, tablet PC, or smartphone? I find these things amazing, but it really bugs me when I try to bring these things up with a friend or someone in class and they just don't give a ****. They take it for granted! Technology, we will eventually become ignorant. One day like a Star Trek episode I predict we will become so unaware of our dependence on it, that even when our life becomes dependent on it, the people that we have forgotten that knew how to fix it will eventually gone because it would have been made so seemingly reliable, and that new people were not trained. And then, when that technology breaks, there will be no one around to fix it, and humans will fail as a society. Even more basic, how many of us know how to hunt for food, or know what plants are edible or not. Or that we cannot drink water from a stream because of microbes and that if you wanted to you would have to boil it first. If all this stuff fails, then, I think for most people they would be screwed. That scares me! Things are just fine as they are the lights are on, my computer works, my car runs great, I have fuel, food in a grocery store that is lit and refrigerated, and "money"... But if that breaks how many people actually gave a **** to make it work again.
Update: Not too worried myself, I could do without, but seeing that most people do not understand these things that they take for granted, or where they come from it worries me. Not for myself because I would know what to do but for the majority of people that do not. See: Idiocracy.