Hellooo asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

My UTI won't go away?

I lost my virginity half way through september to my boyfriend who I am still with. The day after we first did it, I became aware that I was suffering from a uti. I tried over the counter cystitis treatment but that failed. I went to the doctor for antibiotics and they gave me a 3 day course which also failed. My urine sample showed high levels of blood and white blood cells and the gave me another 3 day course. That failed, they gave me another which also failed. Finally they gave me a weeks worth but that still failed even though I did not have sex the entire week. I am taking all the precautions, my boyfriend is washing thouroughly beforehand, I am peeing before and after and washing after, I really don't know what more I could do. Please could someone give me some advice because I am in constant pain and it makes both my everyday life and sex life miserable. I should also note that when I was small I was prone to bladder and kidney infections, I don't know if that's relevant.

3 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favourite answer

    If the infection did not respond to treatment, it is possible that you may have developed a different condition from UTI. I suggest you inform your doctor so he or she could have you go through other tests to identify what it is that has been causing your symptoms. There are other health conditions that have been associated with tract infections including kidney stones or even STDs. It's best that you consult your doctor at the soonest possible time to prevent your condition from getting worse.

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    There are many possible conditions that could cause a urinary tract infection. It could be diabetes, a kidney infection, or STD. You won't know for sure what could be causing the pain and discomfort you are experiencing unless you seek the assistance of a professional. Talk to your doctor to isolate other possible causes and get immediate treatment.

  • 8 years ago

    Iooks like STD, please go to doctor.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.