Armed Guards at Schools?

My real question is, who's going to pay for them? With the present attitude toward raising taxes, who is going to pay the wages of the guards, the training, the guns, the ammunition and the liability insurance? I live in a city of about a million people. We have well over 100 public schools all of which have many avenues of access to the campus, so they'd each need more than one guard per campus. Having the principal armed faces the same problems of getting to the site of a disturbance and getting the rest of his job done. I suppose if the NRA is going to pay for this in every town and city in the US, I'm ready to go on board and back the proposal.

As my grandfather used to say, some people are so dumb, you wonder why God lets 'em live.

• Arnie

Many schools in the US have police officers assigned to them aren't they the same as armed guards.....

In a not perfect world only the good guys would turn in their guns and we would be helpless and at the

mercy of the bad guys.Too bad we will never know if a police officer was assigned to that school how many lives could he have saved. Drugs and drunk driving have been against the law for years and that does not help.

We could use the money we give to countries that hate us,our children are more important!!

Armed guards in schools? Without raising taxes, where is the money going to come from? At last estimate in 2009 there are about 100,000 public schools in the USA. Suppose the cost for trained professionals is $50,000 a year. Simple multiplication is $5 Billion per year. Will the NRA, Tea Party and other conservative groups allow a surtax on gun purchases, registration, ammunition?

Source(s): givekidsgoodschools.org
  • harlie

I am in a suburb north of atlanta. In this county, all center and excessive schools have a "useful resource officer" which is sincerely an armed cop. They've one at the core institution and that i do not know how many at the high university. I might assume extra on the grounds that it's two to three instances the scale of the center institution. The university where the taking pictures was is internal city and sincerely has metal detectors. I guess these weren't utilized competently. There is a variety of fuss about the fact that the gun acquired in the institution. In my view, i wouldn't go in that discipline after darkish and wouldn't wander from a populated subject throughout sunlight hours. Lp btw, all the ones I've met are fit individual that look certified to protect.

The taxpayers will have to pay for armed guards at schools.

The NRA can not and will not pay for this.

The NRA suggestion that the school security forces be volunteers is nuts. If parents, teachers, and school administrators feel the need for armed security, they should demand professionals.

It wont work that's the main problem. There are so many ways they can come up with.I was reading about the Columbine when it was two youths who were the killers. The guards are going to be the first targeted.

• Gazza

It's a sorry day for a civilised society when you need armed guards in your schools to keep your children safe.

Hi Jack... No doubt about it: your Grandfather was absolutely CORRECT!!

Regards... Haemish.