Is there a Director's Cut version of Total Recall 1990 Directed by Paul Verhoeven?

I'm looking for the uncut version of the original Total Recall.

Don't like the new one at all, many versions of Paul Verhoeven's film but none that I can find that have all the gore and violence that makes Pauls movies over the top.

Lol! I had the exact same question. I read an article in Muscle Mag about Arnold Schwarzenegger and it had a huge section about movies. The article stated that the original Total Recall would have received an NC-17 rating due to violence! The director then cut the film to get an R rating. I don't know if they will ever release the NC-17 version, but Total Recall is my favorite movie ever and I wouldn't change a thing.

• ganz

Total Recall Extended Cut

The movie had to be heavily censored due to the violence. If you ever want to see some of it theres a fangoria issue that featured some of the cut scenes. Two of these scenes were the guy with the glasses getting stabbed was way gorier, the meat shield that arnold uses was almost a minute longer if you can believe that lol. I remember also the fight where ahnold and mileena escape was gorier and cohangens death was shown more. This movie and event horizon Ive been dying to see directors cuts for. Sadly The footage from total recall was lost in a fire and unless its stored somewhere else its gone forever. Hope this helped.

Source(s): Skynet
  • alaimo

It particularly relies upon on the direction they flow with it. this may be a complete Win or it ought to= complete FAIL! i'm form of curious to verify what happens actual. in the event that they warfare to make some LAME sequel or prequel rubbish which will possibly be a foul theory. in the event that they verify to make a very new tale, distinctive characters however an identical theory that must be cool! that's in no way cool to attempt to replicate a classic or properly regular movie. in spite of the shown fact that it somewhat is cool to function to a narrative, replace it or make a sparkling forged of characters completely. individually, i think of with the techniques-blowing script and actors a sparkling complete keep in mind ought to prove extra effective than predicted! once you degree it to as we talk's standards it does not have the performing, the particular outcomes or cool technologies we've as we talk. the unique nevertheless holds its own interior the movie worldwide. It has an marvelous plot and it will continuously be an marvelous movie. i'm no longer for an truthfully remake of the unique yet a sparkling complete keep in mind must be cool no count if that's complete suited! I even have an open techniques approximately it.