Poll - Do you like classical music?

I think it's the most beautiful thing ever :)

I like stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqoANESQ4cQ

Youtube thumbnail

&list=LLvFqm_hT9_PludKp7SF21Ew

I like classical song. I just like the romantic technology of the mid 1900's, exceptionally the Russian composers -- Prokofiev, Rachmaninov, Stravinsky, Tchaikovsky; and amongst different nationalities, Dvorak, Vaughan Williams, Sibelius, Barber, and Mahler. I'm also keen on earlier masters, similar to Beethoven, Liszt and Chopin. Although I recognize Mozart and Bach's baroque, and Hayden's authentic classical song, it would not attraction to me as so much. Only a matter of taste. If it had been artwork, i'd lean towards Impressionism versus realism. Considering you requested. Oh, my favortie work remains to be Prokofiev's second Piano Concerto. And whatever pianist Sviatoslav Richter plays.

Yes

I've been listening to classical music ever since I was a kid. I studied music in school and earned a master's degree in music

I may upset some people with this quote but it rings true for me:

"I know electric guitars, drums, and synthesizers have pretty much taken over modern music, which is fine. i guess. They do have a valid appeal and provide very accessible, enjoyable music, but no instrument can come close to the emotional complexity and depth of the piano. I think this cadenza (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4FOARyexo

Youtube thumbnail

) is a perfect example of that"

• I hardly ever listen to classical music... I prefer rock music, or something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqO3fsWeTV0

Youtube thumbnail

(:

I'm the sort who listens to one piece and suddenly thinks they're this cultural expert! To be honest I like one or two pieces, but I've never really ventured into it enough to be able to say that I like it. Maybe I need to.

• Yes I do. There are so many beautiful pieces out there. I play them for calmness and meditation, they can quite literally, take you to another place :)

Source(s): D:)

Yes.

• Yes. One of my favorite composers is Erik Satie.

• PAUL C

yes

Yes...let's have have a glass of wine and listen to it together ;)