Sea Dog asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 7 years ago

Somali Pirates...what to do?

Looking at things like this... http://www.saveourseafarers.com/the-cost-of-piracy... , most captured Somali pirates get released again because nobody wants to take responsibility for them, I ask myself is the only solution to here to put armed guards on every ship passing through the danger zone? Has anyone a better idea?

@ XOMOC....My thoughts exactly, if it was easier to kill them with more robust rules of engagement things might change, but namby pamby powers that be probably won't let a rapid 'shoot to kill' policy happen.

• xomoc

This isn't civilized, moral or legal but if more of these pirates were killed in the process instead of captured it might dissuade the living pirates. Or release them back to sea with a few links of anchor chain around their chests.

Edit

The use of deadly force to protect property and liberty is not an uncivilized concept.

• janeen

I'm Somali too, 18 years old. I totally get what you are going by way of. I'm additionally not drawn to Somali boys. But it's simply all private preference. Now not all Somalis are shady or awareness seekers. You can't generalize an entire community founded on some persons. It could not make so much of a difference to you, however you have to include what you are. Do not hate it, simply be you, if no longer carrying a hijab is what you wish to have go forward. However you mustn't take it to the point of hating what you're. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you are, Somali, mixed race or anything.

• Jm.b

How about we stop being so precious about armed thugs holding international trade to ransom, and terrorising innocent sailors going about their honest work. If they insist on their criminality, why not blast a few pirate vessels out of the water. The message would soon become apparent to them that perhaps they should give serious consideration to other ways of earning a living.

They should be treated as terrorist or at least potential recruits. From what I understand Somalia was Bin Ladens old stomping ground for a while. Is the loot they rob for a cause or just themselves?

the number of pirates in the world has decreased over the past 130 years, global warming has gotten steadily worse. In fact, this makes it entirely clear that if you truly want to stop global warming, the most impactful thing to do is — become a pirate.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&safe=off&clie...

Just blast the feckers out of the water and let them take their chances with the sharks.

• Martin

Fly drones over the waters they're in and take them out, one by one. Less messy that way.

I would shoot them out of the water as they should with Pirates black or white.But I dont suppose they could do that now.?

Why capture them? Just blow them to pieces, good target practice for the RN.

If Satan like people want to kill the Somalians then they better be prepared to be killed themselves.

Or is this another case of when I do it to you it's right, but when the same is done back to me, it's wrong?