Tyre fitting qualifications.?

Hi all.

Just pondering through a few things and was wondering, do tyre fitters require any qualifications?

Looked on line and only courses are industry 'talks'.

Most of the places near me consist of young lads changing the tyres and an older mechanic doing the other work. Previously I assumed the younger lads were work experience from college doing nvq or something. Now not so sure.

So, is it just an experience thing or could anyone set up a tyre fitting business tomorrow.

Thanks.

Some rude people here.

In response to the know it all muppet who answered secondly with the line "if you bothered to read.."

I've actually just googled tyre fitting jobs and none of the first 6 have mentioned a qualification. So, I guess you are wrong once again. Must be used to it by now. But at least you have an opinion, albeit wrong.

Big raspberry in your direction I guess.

• CDC

Tyre fitters should have completed a REMIT Training Course and have a City & Guilds certificate, but it is not necessary by law. There is a lot of skill and knowledge required, and a lot of practical experience is essential.

Source(s): www.tyresave.co.uk/index.html

Hi it depends on the owner if the garage some will only employee people with at least a level 1 (not abc) nvq in motor vehicle repair and technology yet some will let anyone do it, as a fully qualified to a degree standard motor diagnosis technician I know who I'd rather have changing my tyres, and to the Guy who mentioned being able to train a Monkey to change a Tyre would you let a monkey near your alloy wheels waving a Tyre wretch around ? Hope this helps

Source(s): I've worked as a Tyre fitter And I've been a manager for a mot Tyre and exhaust garage

Tyre fitters do not need qualifications by law but they do require training that complies with both industry and health and safety standards (NVQ level 3). If you bother to look at the job vacancies they generally all call for qualifications

Appear at the entire experiences that "W" dropped at the White apartment. He was Governor of Texas and ran a couple of corporations out of business and he has carried out a terrible job. Obama and McCain are each meet the qualifications be president.

• Peter

seriously, no disrespect to tyre fitters, but you can train a chimp to do this work.