I'm a 20 yr old college student, never have had a boyfriend, and guys have never approached me, ever!?

GUYS AND GIRLS: Before you decide to exit out because this is too long, just wait and read. i need advice, please!:-) I'm a 20 yr old female, third year college student and have never came close to having a boyfriend. The only time I've gone on a date was when I had just turned 18 and started college. It... show more GUYS AND GIRLS: Before you decide to exit out because this is too long, just wait and read. i need advice, please!:-)
I'm a 20 yr old female, third year college student and have never came close to having a boyfriend. The only time I've gone on a date was when I had just turned 18 and started college. It was with a guy I had just met who was 3 years older than me. I was excited because it felt nice to have a guy interested in me especially a college guy to have asked me out. Basically the date was horrible. I guess he saw a naive, innocent girl and took advantage of it. He came on really strong and basically forced a kiss on me, which you should know was my first and only kiss and he did it two other times throughout the date. He was also very touchy but tried to be sneaky about it. He would either place his hand on my neck and back or lightly pat my thigh. I didn't know what to do and felt uncomfortable throughout the rest of the date because i knew all he wanted was probably sex, even though he was trying to act like a "nice guy" but I could tell what his intentions were. I never talked to him again after.

I have never had a boyfriend or gone on dates except for the one mentioned above. Not because I don't want to but because guys on campus never approach me at all!! Im serious, when i say never, its true. Guys at my campus never try to talk to me or even give a smile. I know that guys approach girls on campus all the time but for some reason that I cant explain Im not one of those girls. I know I'm not a hideous person because I have been approached by a few other guys outside campus that Ive met where i live but these guys are not boyfriend material and I want boyfriend material. They are nice guys but Im pretty sure they aren't looking for a serious relationship and out of those few guys,their was only one guy who was seriously interested in me but i only saw him as a good friend.

Im 5'5 and 118lbs. I have brown hair and brown eyes and light skin tone. Another thing you should know is that I'm shy and quiet but once we get to know each other then Im funny,easygoing, and much more open. i don't go to college parties or participate in drinking or anything like that. You guys probably have the idea that Im a boring homebody but thats not the case. I always go out with friends and on certain occasions attend campus events but my friends don't go to parties either. I would really like to go to college parties once in a while to at least experience one but don't want to go alone. I would say and like to think that Im a fashionable dresser and always keeping up with trends because girls are always complimenting me on my clothing. I do wear makeup, not too much though just the basics( eyeliner, mascara, a bit of blush) and do my hair on most days of the week but when I don't, I still dress appropriately.I like to think that I'm a well rounded person. Im nice,respectful,funny, caring, down to earth, and I like to have fun but school is very important to me too. I always like to help others in any way I can. Many of my friends nickname me the "mom" of the group because Im very caring and I don't want to come off as trying to brag about how great i am because I know i'm not,most of the time I feel inadequate and insecure because of not being wanted.

I always see couples on campus and I feel sadness because I want to experience having a boyfriend. Someone to laugh with, spend time with ,and talk too in an intimate level. At times I try to look on the bright side and tell myself that I know theres a bunch of girls out there with the same situation and that there IS a guy waiting for me but that little mantra only works for so long, then I cant help but feel depressed and lonely because Ive never had a romantic connection with a guy at my age and im tired of waiting. i know probably some of you will say that im still very young and have lots of time to find a guy and not to worry about it but I cant help it. Im human and i want to feel an intimate emotional connection with someone. There are teenagers who have experienced having relationships, probably not serious ones but at least they have and I haven't!
The guys i'm always interested in never pay any attention to me whatsoever and i'm just left hoping that they will. I NEED to know what is wrong with me and what im doing wrong. I need advice from guys and girls.i would really appreciate it greatly!!:-)