1. I think that, for a character, Luna makes for an interesting and inquisitive name. I also think that it's just too much to handle for a normal, average, everyday girl. Not only that but "Loony" teasing may occur thanks to example that was set in the Harry Potter series, and there's something distinctly pretentious about naming a child - knowingly or not - after a moon goddess. Plus, the whole; "LUNA? Like from Harry Potter" routine would drive anyone crazy after a while.
2. The excessive use of boy names on girls. Everyone seems to think it's "cute" and yet, it would be considered child abuse to actually be FAIR and give boys some girl names in even trade. If this whole "unisex" trend would go away, I would be the happiest person in the world.
3. Ainsley. Edwin... it's cute but it's a little dry and harsh. Plus, I'm more partial to Edward, or perhaps just Edwyn as the olde spelling intrigues me. Aside from that, Ainsley is rather sweet but it ages fairly well and has a more "modern" feel to it, which is what most people aim for when picking classics.
4. Thomasina. I had it on my list for a while and I adore this particular feminisation (though Arthurina will forever be my favourite). Unfortunately, in modern society it seems that such feminisations are no longer looked upon favorably and, indeed, many people seem to believe that they're made up because they've all been gone for so long! But - whether it be Arthurina, Jamesette or Wilhelmina - I still adore them, and Thomasina is one of the best in terms of elegance and sophistication. Fiona is nice as well but it doesn't strike the senses as much as Thomasina does.
5. ♥Arianwen♥Eilir♥, ♥ Ninja Robot ♥ and ★Beautiful Melody★ are just three of my favourite users.
6. I probably shouldn't say but...
•Julie Albright - She asks a lot of "What do you think of these users?" questions, and she's directly targeted one or two frequent users in the past. She's weird, in other worlds, and doesn't seem to have any aim on this site other than to insult people.
•cathrl69 - She's always rude and condescending. She has made it clear that she dislikes anyone who's only experimenting with baby names (more than half the people on this site); she says we're "naming our dollies". Overall, she's just unbearably smug (because she's a REAL mother rather than an aspiring one) and, aside from that, she's already had all of her children, she doesn't collect names herself and I don't think I've ever seen one nice answer. Which begs the question; what is she doing here?
I now have a (temporary) third:
•Alaine N. - She posted a question asking people to rate her names, and I did. She specifically asked for explanations as to the ratings and, since no one else had done it, I decided to take a little time to list my favourites and explain why I down-thumbed a few of her girl names. And, basically, she got pissy with me. She rejected all of my criticisms and, while I wouldn’t have minded a “Well, I don’t agree with you, but thanks anyway.” answer, what I got was a kind of – “I like them, so Fcuk you!” kind of attitude, backed up by the fact that, despise putting a lot of effort behind my answer (a paragraph for each name), I only got one star and a down-thumb to boot. -_-
(B) Dorian Alexis Charles
(G) Audra Ruth Guinevere