Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 7 years ago

Baby name section: Quick survey?

1. What do you think of the name Luna?

2. What annoys you the most in this section?

3. Which name would you rather see on a little boy? Edwin or Ainsley?

4. Which name would you rather see on a little girl? Thomasina or Fiona?

5. Who are your top 3 favorite users in this section?

6. Who are your least 3 favorite users in this section?

7. What is your favorite name at the moment?

1. I think that, for a character, Luna makes for an interesting and inquisitive name. I also think that it's just too much to handle for a normal, average, everyday girl. Not only that but "Loony" teasing may occur thanks to example that was set in the Harry Potter series, and there's something distinctly pretentious about naming a child - knowingly or not - after a moon goddess. Plus, the whole; "LUNA? Like from Harry Potter" routine would drive anyone crazy after a while.

2. The excessive use of boy names on girls. Everyone seems to think it's "cute" and yet, it would be considered child abuse to actually be FAIR and give boys some girl names in even trade. If this whole "unisex" trend would go away, I would be the happiest person in the world.

3. Ainsley. Edwin... it's cute but it's a little dry and harsh. Plus, I'm more partial to Edward, or perhaps just Edwyn as the olde spelling intrigues me. Aside from that, Ainsley is rather sweet but it ages fairly well and has a more "modern" feel to it, which is what most people aim for when picking classics.

4. Thomasina. I had it on my list for a while and I adore this particular feminisation (though Arthurina will forever be my favourite). Unfortunately, in modern society it seems that such feminisations are no longer looked upon favorably and, indeed, many people seem to believe that they're made up because they've all been gone for so long! But - whether it be Arthurina, Jamesette or Wilhelmina - I still adore them, and Thomasina is one of the best in terms of elegance and sophistication. Fiona is nice as well but it doesn't strike the senses as much as Thomasina does.

5. ♥Arianwen♥Eilir♥, ♥ Ninja Robot ♥ and ★Beautiful Melody★ are just three of my favourite users.

6. I probably shouldn't say but...

•Julie Albright - She asks a lot of "What do you think of these users?" questions, and she's directly targeted one or two frequent users in the past. She's weird, in other worlds, and doesn't seem to have any aim on this site other than to insult people.

•cathrl69 - She's always rude and condescending. She has made it clear that she dislikes anyone who's only experimenting with baby names (more than half the people on this site); she says we're "naming our dollies". Overall, she's just unbearably smug (because she's a REAL mother rather than an aspiring one) and, aside from that, she's already had all of her children, she doesn't collect names herself and I don't think I've ever seen one nice answer. Which begs the question; what is she doing here?

I now have a (temporary) third:

•Alaine N. - She posted a question asking people to rate her names, and I did. She specifically asked for explanations as to the ratings and, since no one else had done it, I decided to take a little time to list my favourites and explain why I down-thumbed a few of her girl names. And, basically, she got pissy with me. She rejected all of my criticisms and, while I wouldn’t have minded a “Well, I don’t agree with you, but thanks anyway.” answer, what I got was a kind of – “I like them, so Fcuk you!” kind of attitude, backed up by the fact that, despise putting a lot of effort behind my answer (a paragraph for each name), I only got one star and a down-thumb to boot. -_-

7.

(B) Dorian Alexis Charles

(G) Audra Ruth Guinevere

1. What do you think of the name Luna? Love it! For a girl, I assume?

3. Which name would you rather see on a little boy? Edwin or Ainsley? Ainsley

4. Which name would you rather see on a little girl? Thomasina or Fiona? Fiona

7. What is your favorite name at the moment? Female: Ava Male: Elijah/Eli

Source(s): Brain. It thinks.

1. What do you think of the name Luna?

Its unique but I wouldn't name my kid that, but maybe use it as a middle

The rude people who make fun of the names people choose

Edwin

Fiona

I dont know

I dont know

Raeleigh

1. I think Luna is a cute name but would be grow out of it. I feel like it would be cute until age 5-6 but then it would be to childish.

2. I really annoys me how many people diss the name Ashley. That is my name and I find nothing wrong with it. Also, it's not super common.

3. Neither but, Edwin. I know two girls named Ainsley and I feel like it is a girl name.

4. Fiona. Thomasina is a bit buzzard and doesn't role well off the tounge. I don't like it at all. But saying that, I don't really like Fiona either.

5. I'm not really sure. I like lots of different users.

6. I dislike some but I'm not sure exactly which ones. People that don't care when giving answers really annoy me.

7. Annabelle Claire and Daniel Lucas. They are both family names and both are deceased so I would love to carry on their legacy (Danial 'Luke') was three days old when he passed away and he was my dads twin. Annabelle Claire (I liked the name before I found out Claire was her middle name) and she was 94.

1) Reminds me of lunatic. I can imagine some second-grader saying something like Luna lunatic.

2) When people only answer part of the question.

3) Edwin. Ainsley is quickly becoming more feminine. Plus there's the adorable nickname Eddie :-)

4) Fiona. It's classier and more elegant. And if you want a pet name/ nickname she could be called Fifi.

5) N/A. I don't really keep up with users in this section, sorry.

6) Like I said in number 5, I don't keep up with users.

7) Sienna

1. It's pretty but not my style...it's too Harry Potter and reminds me of the word "loony." I'd like it for a pet but for a real baby girl I'd want something more elegant and serious.

2. People who ask for others' opinions, and then get upset when they get them. If all you care about is that YOU like a name, why would you even ask if anyone else likes it?

3. Edwin...I prefer Edward, but Edwin is still classy and smart-sounding. Ainsley seems too last-namy to me, not to mention ugly, like "anally"...plus I've mostly heard it as a girl's name.

4. I actually like them both, but I think Fiona would be easier to live with...Thomasina might be better as a middle name than a first.

5. I don't really pay attention, sorry! I just focus on the question/answer itself, not who's asking/giving it.

6. See 5.

7. Alice for a girl, Conrad for a boy.

1. Pretty, not particularly my favorite, but still a beautiful name.

2. People who lie about the number of kids they have or are going to have (you can just ask about names people, don't make up obviously false scenarios) -- but also those who ask 'questions' complaining about the previous type of people

3. Edwin -- I love the name!

4. Fiona -- not a fan of Thomasina

5 & 6. I can answer these together since I actually don't really know many people on here. I recognize pictures and names, but I never remember them.

7. Violet Mabel & Henry Jude

1. I love it as long as it's paired with a more traditional name like Luna Charlotte, Luna Emilie, etc., and don't like it when the full name sounds hippy, like Luna Grace, Luna Rose, Luna Raine. On itself it's a sweet and feminine name with good connotations.

2. People who tries too hard to get a BA.

3. Edwin

4. Fiona

5 & 6. I don't have any

7. For a girl, Felicia. For a boy, Lleyton

1. It's ok, but will always remind me of Harry Potter.

2. Names on the wrong sex, misspellings, weird names.

3. Edwin, because Ainsley annoys me, I don't know why.

4. Fiona. It's a pretty name, and Thomisina is weird.

5. Don't have favourites.

6. Don't have least favourites either.

7. Melody Rose.

:)

1. Dislike for a person. It's a GP of mine.

2. Illiterate spellings and boys names on girls.

3. Ainsley!

4. Fiona.

5. Ella, Mommy To Owen, Jack, Stella, River and Olivia, Ariana

6. Don't really have any!

7. G - Amelia Charlotte B - Darcy Edward

Fun! :)