Why is my boyfriend keeping me a secret from his ex girlfriend?

I have been dating my boyfriend for 3years and a couple of months now... We live together and just had a baby who is 14 weeks old. He has a 3year old lil girl with his ex. He keeps me a secret from her, when she calls he will leave the room incase the baby cries whilst he is on the phone to her, one time she cried... show more I have been dating my boyfriend for 3years and a couple of months now... We live together and just had a baby who is 14 weeks old. He has a 3year old lil girl with his ex. He keeps me a secret from her, when she calls he will leave the room incase the baby cries whilst he is on the phone to her, one time she cried and he went into the bedroom and played music loud enough to override her cry, his ex asked him " is that a baby crying" he said no, what baby? That was the tv! Am I being silly and insecure for no reason? Because I think he is living a double life because he is portraiting to be a single man to her and he is not, sometimes he puts her on mute if I'm in the room and want to ask a question and then unmute it when I keep quiet.