How are Gaza "Victorious" over Israel?

It says on Press TV that Palestinians are celebrating their victory after 8 days of fighting. Even the Iranian officials are congratulating the Palestinians

I'm actually a supporter of both Iran and Gaza, but...

how did they defeat Israel???

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Noah
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Best answer

I suspect that Hamas fired off all the rockets they had. Meanwhile not a single kid was educated, not a single hospital room was added, not a single business hired a single extra worker and not a single bit of physical infrastructure was enhanced.

Basically everything is the same as it was except several hundred people are dead and maimed. Hamas is still considered a terrorist organization...even the West Bank Palestinians think these people are nuts!

Egypt is now going to prevent weapons from getting to Hamas, but who knows if that's really going to happen. If they want to call that a 'victory' then it's a 'victory'. Meanwhile the people in Gaza are poor even by middle east standards while across the border in Israel most folks are living as well or better than in the advanced European countries.

Conclusion: In ten years the people in Gaza will still be poor and Hamas will still be trying to sell their Iraninan inspired BS about 'wiping Israel off the map'. Iran will be a failed rag of a country totally involved in blaming everyone in the world for their failure. The Palestinians still won't have a state because the really don't want a state....they want to 'wipe Israel off the map' and establish Islam as some kind of international state religion. Maybe staying backward and poor is a victory for these people....meanwhile history moves on leaving these peope behind. Some victory!

• 7 years ago

May I wish Gaza many more victories like the one they just achieved over Israel.

I also wish Iran a similar victory to that which Hamas has just achieved

• Guillo
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Israel's aim was to stop Hamas/other Gaza groups from being able to fire rockets at Israel. This aim has not been achieved.

Hamas' aim was to survive the Israeli attack still as the governing faction of Gaza, they are, and show Israel they have the ability to attack Israel, they did. I guess this is why Hamas is claiming victory.

• 7 years ago

Like many Muslims they are deluded idiots,Israel have demonstrated to the world they have the quality of mercy,a thing alien to the Islamic mind,I wonder how Hamas would think if the Israeli army decided to ignore their leaders and go into Gaza after the brave soldiers of Allah.Hamas are so afraid of the Israeli fighting machine they cover their faces in case they are identified.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • "Hamas declares victory in Gaza claiming it lost only 48 fighters"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleea...

That headline was written in 2009 after Operation Cast Lead. Hamas is all about propaganda and playing to a T.V. audience. It's just arrogant blabbery. Israel had a major victory because its "Iron Dome" was 85% successful having intercepted 421 rockets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Dome#November_20...

• Xray
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Many years ago I would been naive as many of you here and bleat rah rah for israel. Now days I much more informed and know them for what rats they are. That is victory.

• 7 years ago

Their victory was in the news as they got the world to feel sorry for them ...

Victory is in the opinion of the victor..

P

• Gent
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

They're hardly going to boast of a defeat,on THE muslim propaganda TV station.

An often repeated lie,will be believed,especially if the lie is what they want to believe.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Israel shot themselves in the foot by revealing their true colors. Now everyone knows their criminal intentions.

btw, they weren't celebrating victory. They were celebrating the cease fire agreement.

• Millie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

ROTFL.......Obviously they are in a state of complete denial...

Simply take a look around Gaza, then around Iran,..then take a look at Israel,......THEN be honest and tell who is the winner no matter what....!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.