are all the atheists out there condemning christians for eating on thanksgiving while others starve?

actually going to go out and feed them, or will they just sit at home stuffing their piehole too

and just ignore the needy as they "do not have an imaginary deity they need to appease"

If I am misunderstanding your question, please forgive this reply.

Do me a favor and Google homeless shelters and Rescue Missions. Take a long hard look at whom volunteers to sit on the board of directors for these very worthy organizations and whom the bread and butter year round monthly supporters are. You may be shocked to find they are almost all exclusively Christian organizations, staffed predominantly by Christians. Financially founded, supported, and continuously operated by predominantly(but not exclusively) Christians year round.

If you've ever spent time actually seriously volunteering your time and talent to any of these fine organizations(read here years, not hours) you would notice the Atheists and other fringe groups show up around the holidays to make themselves feel good. They drop off some food, clothes, or even sometimes money which is a blessing make no mistake. But I have no idea where they are the rest of the year.

As I said at the opening... If I misread your intent I apologize. But it reads like a lame attempt to guilt trip folks that make up the backbone of doing tangible work with the poorest among us.

• hudes

exciting question. i will play :p On Wednesday, 11/21/07 at 9:19 pst, I weighed: 128 pounds with a bit of luck you will save this Q open until Friday night so i will checklist my submit-banquet weight; we would be celebrating/pigging out Friday afternoon for the reason that my husband has to guy the CQ table on Thanksgiving afternoon and night. ***edit: this is Friday Nov 23, 2007 at 6:39 pm. only have been given performed ingesting.. weighing in at one hundred thirty pounds

Are all the Christians who preach, "if you don't work you don't eat." satisfied with the direction Christian infused politics has taken our country?

As long as you can call it tough love then it makes it okay that conservatives have outsourced jobs and the poor population continues to grow exponentially.

Edit: Adam, first of all, I find it funny that you have used my question in your second link but never bothered to answer it.

Secondly you totally missed the entire point of my question. I was condemning christian conservatives that use the phrase, "if you don't work you don't eat." which comes from the bible. I've heard many christian conservatives using the bible as a weapon to beat the less fortunate down and stomp on them so they can never get back up.

And finally, you have made an error in your assumption that I'm an atheist.

Oh...and as a final thought, I really can't assume your a christian from this question but you should realize it shows a real lack of class on your part to call me out in such an ignorant way as you have.

I admit, I was calling out christian conservatives that misuse the bible as a weapon to justify their greedy behavior, but I never specifically mentioned any users but just was making a general comment/question.

Thanksgiving was over a month ago for me. And I didn't even eat a thanksgiving dinner, I was at college working hard to get an education. I didn't have the time to go home to see my family for thanksgiving.

What makes you think atheists dont have thanksgiving? I personally sent 20 Dollars to the red cross and am on call for them tonight. You know to help others.

I am not condemning them, for I will be doing the same. It is just at dinner I will thank those who actually made the meal, and be thankful for my family because they are real, and gave me everything i needed so i could succeed on my own.

Being British we don't have Thanksgiving. Nice to see you know about the rest of the world

I'm not condemning anyone.

Anyway, it would be a shame to condemn those that have already condemned themselves to a life of servitude to a lost cause.

• Peter

Thanksgiving is not about Christianity

don't be so sensative. who cares what people think about what we do? all we need to concern ourselves with is being pleasing to God. Jesus said that if we do that, we are naturally going to upset those who hate God, so we should just expect that to happen.