1. What is the biggest mistake you have ever made in your life?

2. What lessons did you learn?

3. To what extent did what you achieved fall short of the ideal? How could you have done things better?

Logic, reasoning, rational thinking, meditation, reflection (recommended). Please share.

• Favourite answer

1. I haven't fully lived my life to know what the biggest mistake I have "ever" made in my life is, but I can say what the biggest mistake I made so far is, which, I think, was the time I was tempted into peer pressure and said some terrible things to someone in middle school.

2. I learned that the people I was hanging out with weren't the kind of people that I would consider my friends and that people who deserve friends are the people who would respect their friends.

3. I fell short of my ideal by trying to fit in with the "cool crowd," but I could of been acting like myself and started searching for friends who would appreciate me for who I am.

Thinking that I actually knew anything as completely as it can be known.

I learned that I know very little and my knowledge is infinitesimal compared to all the knowledge available in the universe.

It wouldn't matter if I studied everything I could get my hands on every hour of every day that I could as long as I live, because I would forever fall short of the ideal which is being infinite and perfect.

Logic - Man at his very best intellectual achievement is pitifully inadequate to live life as it should be lived. Just when he thinks everything is logical something comes along to destroy the myth.

Rational thinking - Man is incapable of rational thinking that is cognizant of the greatest of truths because his finite mind can only contain a very limited amount of information. If he were to have to deal with all the truth in the universe his mind would be overwhelmed because man is not intended to deal with that much knowledge in this lifetime or any other lifetime.

Meditation - Meditation can be progressive or regressive based on what we meditate on. Too much meditation and contemplation can cause psychological burnout. The problem is that we have no way to measure what is too much or too little so we lose at both ends of the spectrum.

Reflection - The habit or art of reflection can be awe inspiring or superficial depending on who is doing the reflecting and what the person is reflecting on. For the humble mind, too much reflection is injurious. For the intellectual elite too much reflection can produce madness.

The greatest lesson I have ever learned in life is simple and yet profound and is found in two verses of scripture. Proverbs 3:5-6 -- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, AND LEAN NOT TO OUR OWN UNDERSTANDING; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct your paths."

1. Creating an account in Y/A R/S.

2. I can never completely leave here.

3. I fell short of my ideal the first time I got suckered into a baited question and offered a sarcastic response... I suppose, in hindsight I could have employed "Logic, reasoning, rational thinking, meditation, reflection" instead... but hey... "You can't un-ring a bell"

1) Spending 30 years being a Christian and trying to follow a non-existent god.

2) That the Bible is a load of bovine excrement

3) One can never live up to the unrealistic expectations spelled out in the Bible. I finally achieved happiness when I dropped my irrational beliefs in god.

well i accidentally got a girl pregnant. She was a pretty fanatic christains also...so I felt like it was unlikely she would get an abortion...and a child would make things very hard for me.

but anyway somehow disaster was averted. She ended up getting an abortion which was pretty suprising.

I dont have casual sex anymore.

• andy c

Marrying a member of a cult.

• 1. Being Christian.

2. That religion is a plague to humanity and that atheism is for anyone logical.

Source(s): Atheist

started smoking. lessons learned? i love to smoke. even though i love to smoke, wish i hadnt. ill probaly be dead by the time i reach 40yrs old.

Source(s): smoker of 8 yrs
  • Wispy

devoting a good porion of my life to the wrong church

None of your business.