Does the Church of England's vote not to have female bishops shameful?

I'm uncomfortable about any organisation discriminating against anyone, even if based on ancient scripture: 1 Timothy 2: "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.... show more I'm uncomfortable about any organisation discriminating against anyone, even if based on ancient scripture:

1 Timothy 2: "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."
Update: (I just realised that when I edited the way I originally phrased the question I should have changed "Does" to "Is".)