When does the soul enter the body?

Is the soul present even before the egg is fertilized or does the soul enter at the moment of fertilization. Or does the soul enter at the moment of birth. You need to be careful when answering. I think if you say before fertilization then any unused egg potentially is an abortion. If you say at fertilization... show more Is the soul present even before the egg is fertilized or does the soul enter at the moment of fertilization. Or does the soul enter at the moment of birth.

You need to be careful when answering. I think if you say before fertilization then any unused egg potentially is an abortion. If you say at fertilization then you are saying that simple single celled organisms possess a soul and if you say after birth then if you abort the baby all you are aborting is just a fertilized egg and nothing else.

I honestly don't believe a soul exists but I am curious as to what people who do believe in souls think when they enter.

IMO it doesn't take a soul to make a life precious. I think a self awareness would be a quality that would determine if a life is considered precious and that would include non human life as well.