Plug a cable into the network adapter "local area connection"?

I can not connect to the internet on my toshiba laptop ( running windows vista, 32 bit). It doesn't even show any connections available even though there should be at least 4 WIFI options. The laptop is a few years old, and I know its not the internet connection itself because no one else in my house has... show more I can not connect to the internet on my toshiba laptop ( running windows vista, 32 bit). It doesn't even show any connections available even though there should be at least 4 WIFI options. The laptop is a few years old, and I know its not the internet connection itself because no one else in my house has problems with it.
When I tried troubleshooting it I got the above message, which I don't really understand because I am not good with computers. & everything is wireless so it shouldn't need any cables to be plugged in?

Any advice on how to fix my internet is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Update: I have used the wireless internet on this laptop everyday for about 3 years (When I first got it). I know it comes with wifi. I just started having these problems a week ago. I didn't change anything on my laptop, never downloaded anything because the only thing I use it for is internet (no games or... show more I have used the wireless internet on this laptop everyday for about 3 years (When I first got it). I know it comes with wifi. I just started having these problems a week ago. I didn't change anything on my laptop, never downloaded anything because the only thing I use it for is internet (no games or anything).
And I have tried turning the wifi switch on the front off and back on, as well as restarting the computer multiple times. It doesn't help.