Excellent! Good for you and your parents.
Problem with anything not requiring electricity is you need a chimney for proper venting and a source of clean air into the room to feed your lungs and the fire without carbon monoxide getting to you. Assuming you don't want to have to haul firewood or coal or have a nice little charcoal burner, i would suggest propane. Propane is reasonably cheap, comes in conveniently sized containers, from 20 gallons to the ones you see in people's yards which hold enough for a year.
I would suggest natural gas but that requires a pro plumber and almost certainly building permits and inspections, so the installation gets expensive, depending on your State laws.
But you will ABSOLUTELY need some fresh air coming into the room and a chimney to vent the exhaust. A chimney doesn't have to be brick, it could be a double-walled duct, but it should terminate (top of it) several feet above the roof, to provide updraft.
Please feel free to email me if I can provide more help.
Grant in Ohio
(uh, I'm an old fart who has a lot of remodeling experience and am zero threat to teens, just trying to help)