Laptop shutting down - overheating?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, several years old. Recently it's started suddenly shutting down a couple times a week. If I let it sit for a few minutes, it starts back up fine and stays up ok. What's chances it's just overheating, and if I opened it up and cleaned out the accumulated dust and... show more I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, several years old. Recently it's started suddenly shutting down a couple times a week. If I let it sit for a few minutes, it starts back up fine and stays up ok. What's chances it's just overheating, and if I opened it up and cleaned out the accumulated dust and cat hair, it would be fine? And would this be hard to do? Any tips?

Thanks.
Update: Actually, contentious otter, I do have 2 cats but also have a masters in computer science, am not a PC guru by any means but have personally replaced a keyboard in an earlier laptop with no problems. But thanks for the tip and the smile.