Which Website? Volusion or Big Commerce?

I would like to open up an online clothing boutique. Which company is the best one to use? I don't like the fact that Volusion doesn't have unlimited bandwidth like Big Commerce but I like their templates. Also, I have noticed that when calling in to Big Commerce the hold time is very long. Volusion usually responds right away. If I am just starting out how many GB do I really need? I will probably have about 50 to 75 products on my page. I hate to design a website or pay one of these companies for their websites only to have to switch later in the year.

Favorite Answer

Have you tried 3dcart? Many online clothing boutiques are running on the 3dcart platform successfully. If you are just starting out, I would not worry about bandwidth as this is usually not a factor until your website becomes more successful, at which time, you can afford the bandwidth increase. Most stores function just fine for the first year in the $19 a month price range. In the source information, i've shared 3dcart's website, and one of the designers that makes some beautiful stores on their platform.

I have been using Volusion for over 4 years now. I was in the exact same position as you at that time, examining several providers. I thought about leaving Volusion earlier this year, but when I weighed the pros and cons of each provider out there, I was convinced to stay - I've actually created my own matrix. I don't think that any one of them is perfect, I've read plenty of stories good and bad about all the major players. I like that Volusion has been around for so long which I think adds credibility to their product and knowledge. I also think they have great support although sometimes there is a wait. They seem to be always improving the platform but I'm sure they all are. I read Volusion's blog almost weekly. Lots of good stuff there too. I recommend calling them to talk about how many GBs you'll need as every shop is different. Good luck!

CoreCommerce is great for selling clothing online...check out our site and page:

http://www.corecommerce.com/apparel-ecommerce-soft...

If you have any questions about our product feel free to call us at 800-747-4270

Thanks!

Kris G.

CoreCommerce

Source(s): www.corecommerce.com