Which Website? Volusion or Big Commerce?

I would like to open up an online clothing boutique. Which company is the best one to use? I don't like the fact that Volusion doesn't have unlimited bandwidth like Big Commerce but I like their templates. Also, I have noticed that when calling in to Big Commerce the hold time is very long. Volusion usually responds right away. If I am just starting out how many GB do I really need? I will probably have about 50 to 75 products on my page. I hate to design a website or pay one of these companies for their websites only to have to switch later in the year.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Have you tried 3dcart? Many online clothing boutiques are running on the 3dcart platform successfully. If you are just starting out, I would not worry about bandwidth as this is usually not a factor until your website becomes more successful, at which time, you can afford the bandwidth increase. Most stores function just fine for the first year in the $19 a month price range. In the source information, i've shared 3dcart's website, and one of the designers that makes some beautiful stores on their platform.

• 7 years ago

I have been using Volusion for over 4 years now. I was in the exact same position as you at that time, examining several providers. I thought about leaving Volusion earlier this year, but when I weighed the pros and cons of each provider out there, I was convinced to stay - I've actually created my own matrix. I don't think that any one of them is perfect, I've read plenty of stories good and bad about all the major players. I like that Volusion has been around for so long which I think adds credibility to their product and knowledge. I also think they have great support although sometimes there is a wait. They seem to be always improving the platform but I'm sure they all are. I read Volusion's blog almost weekly. Lots of good stuff there too. I recommend calling them to talk about how many GBs you'll need as every shop is different. Good luck!

• 7 years ago

CoreCommerce is great for selling clothing online...check out our site and page:

http://www.corecommerce.com/apparel-ecommerce-soft...

If you have any questions about our product feel free to call us at 800-747-4270

Thanks!

Kris G.

CoreCommerce

Source(s): www.corecommerce.com
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.