Facebook inbox won't load + can't send messages?

So my facebook's being stupid for the past few hours. I can't open my inbox (have tried 3 different browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Safari, all updated). It looks like it's loading for ages but then nothing really happens. When I open "all messages" it says "no conversations found" or... show more So my facebook's being stupid for the past few hours. I can't open my inbox (have tried 3 different browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Safari, all updated). It looks like it's loading for ages but then nothing really happens. When I open "all messages" it says "no conversations found" or something like that. Also, even though I can see my online friends, I can't send them any messages, it lets me type but then it gives me an error, both on the chat box as well as when I go to a friends profile and hit the message button on their profile. I've tried clearing my browsing history as well as the cache etc. That seems to solve the problem for most people but doesn't do anything for me.
I can't even access my messages on my iphone, neither on safari nor the facebook app or messanger app. I've already contacted facebook's support team but all they did was send me an automated message saying that they get too many emails and can't reply to all of them.
I really don't know what else to do.
I'm on a macbook pro.
Update: Have a good one too Jellyfish :)

Your highness (sounds hilarious!), I can't pick a favorite answer but thank you so much for replying. I thought it was just a problem with my account as no one else seems to be moaning about a glitch on my news feed. Hopefully, they'll fix it soon.
Cheers!