How does the Mexican accent sound like to the Non Mexican Spanish speaker?

I've noticed that the Mexican accent stands out from the accents of other Spanish speaking countries. All the caribbean and south american accents that I've heard seem to just be different variations of the spanish spoken in Andalucia or the Canary Islands. Both Andalucia and the Canary Islands are in Spain for those of you who don't know.

I have seen that the Mexican accent stands out when compared to the other countries because Mexicans fully pronounce and annunciate each consonant, each vowel, each syllable, while the other ones such as the Cuban, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Venezuelan, Colombian, and even the Chilean and Argentinean accents don't pronounce their final consonant sounds and especially the "s" sound, they drop it completely. Also, all the other Spanish speaking countries have like a completely rhythm I don't know what it is. I think that each syllable has almost equal stress and if there is a stress in the south american accents, they occur at the beginning of a syllable. In Mexican spanish, they often occur at the last syllable. I know that to me the Mexican accent sounds neutral to me because I am mexican but I want to hear

A youtube video of me asking this same question. (and Yeah I am not used to making videos and I am naturally very shy but I want to get rid of it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSxOMXcoW-0

Youtube thumbnail

What I find strange is that in many regions of Northern Mexico, the accents seem to resemble a lot the south american accents. But it's also true for Veracruz and parts of Southern Mexico. They sound like they have some caribbean and south american influence. What I mean by Mexican spanish, I mean the Mexican spanish spoken in the central and western parts of mexico such as Jalisco,Colima, Guanajuato, Michoacan, Nayarit and to some extent the D.F. and Mexico State.

Yeah that is true! I have noticed that the Peruvian spanish, especially the spanish spoken in Lima is very neutral..Although I can notice some slight differences (they occasionally don't pronounce their "s" sounds and the rhythm is slightly different. I guess the same can be true with the Bogota, Colombia accent. Though the colombians speak with a different rhythm and don't pronounce the final or penultimate syllable.

You are wrong. We Colombians (I mean "rolo" accent, spoken in Bogotá and the Cundiboyancense pleateau) do pronounce all syllables and vowels. The once who don't pronounce the whole words are the people from the north of the country. That is people like Shakira or Sofía Vergara. We Colombians speak like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spuhFxQvVqg

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvZhmEwjrlE

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKcAARAIYos

Youtube thumbnail

This one for you to compre Bogotano accent with the Chilango one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QYVCQa9ZWQ

Youtube thumbnail

This are from singers. Singers use to presere their accents.

Caribbean and Southern South American accents (Argentinian, Chilean, Uruguayan, Bolivian, Paraguayan, etc.) do drop the S sound at the end of the words. Andean accents generally don't. That includes: Colombian Standard accent, Andean Ecuadorian and Andean Peruvian. Costa Ricans don't drop the S either.

Mexican accent stands out, because of the soap operas, because of the media Mexican spanish covers. It is the accent used in most of the dubs, shows, etc. because Mexican media covers a lot in Latin America. Argentinian accent also stands out, because of the media, and because it is really unique and peculiar.

Mexican accent sound, sweet. You talk like in a very tender way, putting maybe TOO much emphasis on the consonants and ignoring the vowels.It sounds very sweet and childish and when girls speak it, it sounds kind of "fresa", kind of "gomelo", kind of preppy. Like kind of annoying. Being stubborn and childish. That's how it sounds on women. On men it sounds very friendly and soft. It makes men look veyr friendly and joyful.

It sounds very sweet, very childish.

The Canary Islands are identified to be the sunshine center of Europe! See that sun with hotelbye . Canary Islands offer a slight temperatures and a selection of remarkable natural attractions. Five of their eight islands have already been declared a Biosphere Reserve, and the archipelago has four national parks. The absolute most exceptional attractions in Canary Islands would be the beaches because they're only ideal for calming in sunlight or experiencing water sports such as windsurfing and scuba diving. In Canary Islands you is likewise impressing by the inside interest like: climbing, pattern touring, hiking and also caving. Some of the most magnificent attractions of Canary Islands are: the volcanic landscape of Lanzarote, the beaches of Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria using their sand dunes, or the natural forests of La Palma and La Gomera.

• Mark

It depends on the part of the country. Yes, the areas you specifiy have a distictive rhythm. They say "aca" more often than "aqui" in Mexico, and also in the north, while a lot of traditional Spanish words are used, an anglicized version of some words is often used (es "troque" instead of "camion", and "uachacarros"), and like in Colombia often final syllables or letters are not pronounced, so "Usted" sounds like "Uste" and "casas" sounds like "ca-a".

lol no it doesn't mexican spanish along colombian and peruvian spanish are among the most neutrals imho,. and i say this bc i grew up watching mexican shows, i grew listening to both "standard" mex-spanish and the slangs. even when someone learns spanish, any of those three variations are recommendable bc they're easier on the ear. To me venezuelean,puerto rican, argentinian and spaniard stand out more, bc their accents are thick as hell.

I would love to watch your video but it will not allow me. Can you help me?

The ones that talk like this sounds very annoying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGC1M_kyMvA

Youtube thumbnail

The sexiest.