Do you think the people who win the lottery win by dumb luck?

It's hard for me to believe winning the lottery is just getting really, really, really, really lucky.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best answer

It's luck...plain and simple.

Bought 1170 tickets last Saturday for the syndicate and didn't even get 4 matching numbers in any ticket:)

Don't waste too much time thinking about it. If it is your day then it is yours. Most days it wont.

• 7 years ago

I think you have a higher chance of getting hit with a stray bullet than winning the lottery, and for some reason old people are the only ones that get the hang of it.

Gambling is more dangerous (getting shot-wise) but with that, it's 50/50 skill and luck as opposed to wasting your savings on a machine and then hoping that it gives something back in return.

• 7 years ago

That's hard to believe? What do you believe then? That there is an actual strategy to winning?

Then why don't all these people win 20 times? Why isn't there a book with the strategy written down? Each jackpot would have 300 winners at least, no?

I'd say it's hard for me to believe people don't know the definition of the word "random", but here's another example.

• 7 years ago

Yes. This is why it is called gambling.

Gambling is not a game of skill. You can't skill your way into massive winnings at the Craps table or Roulette table. But you could get lucky.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Believe it. Mathematically it makes sense. If the odds of winning are 1:14,000,000 and 14,000,000 buy a ticket than the odds are someone is going to win eventually

• 6 years ago

http://www.desirableshop.com/make-money.html /lottosend

Hello friends! we all buy lottery ticket from the store spending allots of money without any commission and sometimes even we lost the ticket or we forget to check the number, btw i wanna introduce you official lotteries website then you can buy ticket from online with discount plus your ticket is safe for forever, so click the link above/below http://www.desirableshop.com/make-money.html /lottosend

• 7 years ago

No offense, but you do you imagine instead?

Magic?

Good karma?

Secret strategy?

Game is fixed?

So yeah, unless there's some other explanation, I do think it's just chance.

• pdq
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

ANYONE who tells you that it's anything other than luck, is either lying to you so they can sell you some piece of crap book or system, or they are a complete idiot, or both.

• 7 years ago

Yes, it is just luck.

What other explanation do you have?

• 7 years ago

its completely luck do u think it's strategy?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.