Can people become easily manipulated and indoctrinated in the jehovah's witness cult?

or is that the same for all christian organizations? they easily brainwash, manipulate, and indoctrinate their victims to the point of making them their slaves in a way. im only asking because my father's uncle and his wife and children was in the jehovah's witness cult for 15 years, but they are out now... show more or is that the same for all christian organizations? they easily brainwash, manipulate, and indoctrinate their victims to the point of making them their slaves in a way.

im only asking because my father's uncle and his wife and children was in the jehovah's witness cult for 15 years, but they are out now (thank GOD). he was telling my father that he has come to the conclusion how its all bullshyt, manipulative, and unreasoning.

but they have also said there lives are much happier now, and you should see how they were shunned by the JW's.