Can i fill a water bottle with gas from a gas station?

i'm really frugal and try to only get gas when i feel like it's pretty low for the span of my gas tank (kinda like gambling i guess)...recently gas has dropped, and my fuel perks from winn dixie are about to expire soon, but i needed to make at least a dollar purchase in order to get the 10cent/gal off by... show more i'm really frugal and try to only get gas when i feel like it's pretty low for the span of my gas tank (kinda like gambling i guess)...recently gas has dropped, and my fuel perks from winn dixie are about to expire soon, but i needed to make at least a dollar purchase in order to get the 10cent/gal off by the end of the month. anyway, i've put off filling my tank so long since my gas warning came on, the last time i turned on my car, it said 0 miles left when i turned on my car...even tho the minute drive i had before said that i had at least 3 miles left when i had turned off my car. Now i'm freaking out if i drive my car i'm gonna end up stopping in the middle of the road...there's a gas station not too far from where i live and am planning on just walking there with an empty water bottle...can i do that or do i have to purchase the specific red gas container to fill? ...this nearest gas station isn't the cheapest either so i only want enough (maybe half water bottle) that i can drive to the better gas station heading to work. it's a 6min drive to work.

i just found out that driving on near empty gas tank isnt good for the car, so i know not to let it to get this low again. the last time i had driven, i was actually going to get gas, but realized i left my wallet at home when i got there >.< mother f DOH
Update: Rachel: hmm well for me it's 6min drive at 7:30 am or maybe walk about 2 hours to work at 5:30 am hmmmm...which should i pick being a total non-morning person, lol
Update 2: December: is it pre-filled bottles near the size of water bottle? well, i'd hope this is a one time thing...i don't really want to keep around a bottle of gas...and i don't want to pay for the extra charge just for the bottle, lol