can i fill a water bottle with gas from a gas station?

i'm really frugal and try to only get gas when i feel like it's pretty low for the span of my gas tank (kinda like gambling i guess)...recently gas has dropped, and my fuel perks from winn dixie are about to expire soon, but i needed to make at least a dollar purchase in order to get the 10cent/gal off by the end of the month. anyway, i've put off filling my tank so long since my gas warning came on, the last time i turned on my car, it said 0 miles left when i turned on my car...even tho the minute drive i had before said that i had at least 3 miles left when i had turned off my car. Now i'm freaking out if i drive my car i'm gonna end up stopping in the middle of the road...there's a gas station not too far from where i live and am planning on just walking there with an empty water bottle...can i do that or do i have to purchase the specific red gas container to fill? ...this nearest gas station isn't the cheapest either so i only want enough (maybe half water bottle) that i can drive to the better gas station heading to work. it's a 6min drive to work.

i just found out that driving on near empty gas tank isnt good for the car, so i know not to let it to get this low again. the last time i had driven, i was actually going to get gas, but realized i left my wallet at home when i got there >.< mother f DOH

Rachel: hmm well for me it's 6min drive at 7:30 am or maybe walk about 2 hours to work at 5:30 am hmmmm...which should i pick being a total non-morning person, lol

December: is it pre-filled bottles near the size of water bottle? well, i'd hope this is a one time thing...i don't really want to keep around a bottle of gas...and i don't want to pay for the extra charge just for the bottle, lol

• Mark

yes you can do that ,,, just dont ask if you can... just do it .... a water bottle will hold gas just fine , no problem at all.

And yes , you stop driving on empty ... the reason is . is because you will RUIN your fuel pump .

And in most cars nowadays just the pump costs $150 and another $150 to install it. so 300 at least.

And if you continue to drive on empty you are guaranteed to ruin your fuel pump.

And remember ,, what Obama said before he became pres . He said that he would like to see gas go to $5 a gal to force people to use less gas to save the earth . and force you to ride the bus or buy a $30,000 hybrid electric car ! he was talking about you !! you little people that cant afford high gas prices or a 30,000 car. dont vote for obama !! he doesnt care about your struggle just fill up your gas tank for $50

As long as you pay for it they dont care if you pour it on the ground

Seriously my fiancee (who is blind i dont know why the hell i let her do it) was pumping gas and dropped it and spilled bout 3 gallons, they were jolly as can be the they made me pay =_=

Why a water bottle? Seems messy, and inefficient, get a lil red gas tank like the one u use to fill the lawn mower, keep it in the back, im sure ud get a lot less weird looks that way too

it extremely is not extremely in any admire! water ruins gasoline... Water and gasoline won't have the skill to combination at a similar time! besides the shown fact that, optimal gasoline has a share of alcohol blended with it. Water can and could desire to connect with the alcohol, then it extremely is suspended indoors the gasoline. If it makes it by using the filters that are decrease than the dispenser and into your motorcar, this is going to then reason the engine to no longer fire a spark.... optimal gasoline stations make an extremely very small earnings margin on the gasoline it is provided.(2%-5%) They make their money promoting you that Mt. Dew and a %. of smokes! So i assume you may desire to desire to declare, "huge efficient save, cheep gasoline!" verify out companies like Speedway, Thornton's, Sheetz, Pilot.... all of them have extremely efficient shops and in many circumstances have the top low priced gasoline. Your lured in by using using the gasoline, and the scammed on that candy bar, or heat canines at a 250% mark-up Its what makes the worldwide bypass around!

I've heard that the employees at the gas station usually assume that you are a gasoline huffer if you buy it in a bottle.

I doubt you'd be allowed to fill any old plastic container with petrol. And seriously it's a 6 minute drive..... why don't you walk to work?

That is the most dangerous thing...