Do chimpanzees disprove common ancestry?

Say I went to the zoo's chimp enclosure, and signed at one of the inhabitants, "Say there old chap, do you think we share a common ancestor?" Which answer would I get? "Certainly, sir, we do, and all we need is confirmation via a paleoanthropologist identifying a skeleton of the speculated... show more Say I went to the zoo's chimp enclosure, and signed at one of the inhabitants, "Say there old chap, do you think we share a common ancestor?"
Which answer would I get?
"Certainly, sir, we do, and all we need is confirmation via a paleoanthropologist identifying a skeleton of the speculated common ancestor Pan prior."
OR
"banana give banana banana please banana"
Update: @John: I understand about evolution. Well, I think I do. I read "Evolution for Dummies" (by Greg Krukonis) and found a couple of mistakes in it. Does that count? @CRR: Thanks. I was rolling with old-school Ameslan and fingerspelling. I had not even considered that it's easier to sign... show more @John: I understand about evolution. Well, I think I do. I read "Evolution for Dummies" (by Greg Krukonis) and found a couple of mistakes in it. Does that count?

@CRR: Thanks. I was rolling with old-school Ameslan and fingerspelling. I had not even considered that it's easier to sign "banana" than it is to fingerspell "paleoanthropologist."

@Graham P: Thanks, I'll go look at the links.

@Kate B: They are NOT getting my umbrella no matter what they offer.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...

You really hit home with your "trustworthy" comment.

The orang-utans have never paid attention to me (I think it's because of their cage design).

The big male gorilla hates me, but I am not special in that way. He hates everyone on the wrong side of the plexiglas, and he stands at the front of the cage so the other gorillas can't interact with the crowd of looky-loos.

The bonobos aren't talki
Update 2: The bonobos aren't talking. I suspect that, like Asians, they figure it's rude to talk in front of people who don't know their language. Or maybe they read minds. I know that Asians don't read minds, because I asked one and he told me about the "rude to be talking in another language in front... show more The bonobos aren't talking. I suspect that, like Asians, they figure it's rude to talk in front of people who don't know their language. Or maybe they read minds. I know that Asians don't read minds, because I asked one and he told me about the "rude to be talking in another language in front of people who don't understand it" thing.

So that leaves us with Pan troglodytes. It just might be that they're getting tired of my stupid questions!

I am so glad that people aren't getting tired of my stupid questions.