BBC Merlin; Why am I being verbally attacked and branded a racist for having a none offensive opinion?

I dont know if there are any fans of the bbc show Merlin here but I thought Id chance it. The character Guinevere who is played by Angel Coulby a mixed race actress. This isnt something that remotely bothered me at all it has no reason too. Now race aside I hate Guinevere for many reasons and Im not a fan of Angel's either. I said something about hating Guinevere on youtube and that I didnt like Angel in the role. (keeping in mind I didnt mention her race I hate Guinevere the character full stop in all Merlin's and I simply imagined someone younger playing her in a more refined way) Within seconds of me saying this I was bombarded with hate mail saying vile things and calling me a racist. Why am I being verbally attacked and branded a racist for having a none offensive opinion?

If there are any fans of her on here fair enough you like her thats your choice but just because you do doesnt mean I should be forced to as well.

Favorite Answer

To be honest, I don't like her much either. Not the character, but the actress. She is portrayed in the series as someone really beautiful, so I kinda expected her to be a bit younger than Angel Coulby. She is pretty, but if guys like Arthur and Lancelot are going to fall in love with her, then the girl must be way prettier than that. I apologize if it sounds racist or anything. But I have seen many black women who are really beautiful. All I'm saying is that they could have done better than Angel Coulby.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I dont know if there are any fans of the bbc show Merlin here but I thought Id chance it. The character Guinevere who is played by Angel Coulby a mixed race actress. This isnt something that remotely bothered me at all it has no reason too. Now race aside I hate Guinevere for many reasons and Im...

Source(s): bbc merlin verbally attacked branded racist offensive opinion: https://tr.im/UNwwZ

Too many people are too PC these days, although there are some who might see you bringing this up at all, as being racist. I have to agree that I don't see this actress as being right for this role, BUT Merlin was never meant to be accurate (much as there are many versions of King Arthur and Camelot!!). I'm used to seeing this role being played by a mix-race actress now, so it really isn't something that I immediately think about now.

You should see what I get when I suggest that I don't need to see gays kissing, in my living room LOL.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avz05

not me but my husband was, and yes, it was from his family. Father and brother, to be exact. Funny, we're all worshiping God and are both considered Christians.. somehow they think they're better Christians than my husband because he's not their brand of Christian. Since we're no longer their brand of Christian, they've not seen us or their granddaughter since she was a young teenager. She's a young adult now. Totally their fault as we would have welcomed them. Oh well, God will sort it all out in the end. Incidentally, they're Jehovah's Witnesses. What is interesting about all of this is his parents left their family's religion to join the JWs and their family did not deal them this kind of treatment. They were welcome to visit their parents, even though they broke their hearts by leaving their church. The shoe always fits differently when it's on the other foot, though.

Dear Jason, I'm sorry that you and your wife are going through this right now. No, I haven't been through anything like that at all. In fact it has been quite the opposite for me. Since I belonged to my previous church for 14 years I did make lots of friends. About once a year I go to funerals there and I am always greeted very warmly by the minister and the members. Yesterday I ran into my previous minister at the grocery store and we visited for about 15 minutes. He asked me where I'm going to church and when I told him where I'm going, he said "Oh, you've been there all this time?" I told him, as I had told him when I left, that I had to leave the UCC because it focuses more on social issues rather than what the Bible says. He replied, "You have to go where your spirit gets fed." For His glory, JOYfilled

Im a big fan of the show I like Guinevere but I totally get what you mean about Angel I think she is wrong for the role too and it has damn all to do with her race. I imagine Guinevere to look like Lena Heady's portrayal of her in Merlin 98. My friend also agrees, Im not on any of the forums for the show but she like you voiced her opinion and was branded a racist. So basically yeah you have to like her or you get all her fans jumping on your back and calling you a racist despite her poor acting being the problem.

Source(s): Just my opinion.
  • ?

It's not racist, but there are always going to be people online who might attack you for having a different opinion, especially on YouTube. Fans of Angel Coulby in this case. You have the right to have that opinion but the diehard fans of Angel Coulby and Guinevere might not see it that way unfortunately. :)

Hi there,

get King Arthur Gold for free here: http://bit.ly/1qXIoC7

no surveys, no scams, just the full game!

King Arthur’s Gold is a game set in the time of legends. There are castles that need to be built, and he meets that need to be destroyed, and of course gold that must be mined.

It's surely the leader game of its type.

I think she is horribly miscast for the part...there are many prettier black women if they wanted one for that part. It makes no sense the very handsome men all fawning over her and not even glancing at people like Mithian or Morgana because she is just simply not as pretty black or not.

There's several points.

It's a crap show and a pointless, pointless debate.

People on the internet are often full of crap.

Nowadays, any criticism of people of colour voiced by a white person, unless they are Robert Mugabe, is called racism.