If i save my xbox game to my hard drive can i play it online cause some games need updates?

Because I wanna borrow my friends game 2k13 and save it to my hard drive so that I can play with him. Or will that game just start inundated.

Storing games on your hard drive does not allow you to play them. You still need to have the actual game disk to play. When you save the game on the hard drive it is basically to cut down on the Xbox needing to actually pull information from the disk which all in all cuts down loading times.

You can save your xbox 360 game to your hard drive but you will still need a disc to play it. So yes you can play online if you download it to your hdd but you will need a copy of that game to play it.

Source(s): Me

you can't do that. even if you install the game to the hard drive, you need the disc in the xbox itself to play. They do that specifically to prevent what you want to do (which basically amounts to stealing, btw). You have to buy your own copy of the game to play it with your friend.

Well unless you have 2k13 if you download the game to your harddrive you can play online you just need the disc to play it if you downloaded it.

Source(s): Expierence

Ya be responsive to, I study in the present day that XBOX builders have been working complicated to chop back the failure fee, yet however they attempt, the latest "Elite" version has been failing with the scary RROD... With all the extra money, time, and so on that has long gone into correcting the inherant flaw that motives the XBOX (FIXBOX) to crap the mattress, they have purely controlled to convey it down only approximately as low because of the fact the failure fee of the PS3.. only approximately. That to me, could be considered one of my greatest products of purchasing for standards. i bought a PS3 the comparable time as my chum bought an XBOX, he's on his third... I nonetheless have my unique.

you still need the disc.