Mother in law over stepping boundaries.. help :(?

i am 23 years old i am 5 and a half months pregnant with my first baby... me and my husband are so very excited. due to financial problems we were offered to move into the in laws house. they have done renovations for us to have our own little palace in the basement of their home. the agreement was for them to help... show more i am 23 years old i am 5 and a half months pregnant with my first baby... me and my husband are so very excited. due to financial problems we were offered to move into the in laws house. they have done renovations for us to have our own little palace in the basement of their home. the agreement was for them to help us. and since the renovations its been horrible. i needed a job so my mother in law offered for me to work with her at her restaurant i agreed under conditions that i did not work along side with her due to fear of bumping heads. everything seemed to be going smoothly until the other co workers started to feel as i would be getting special treatment being the bosses daughter in law. so they had made me do extra work that usually takes two people to do. problems arose in the job due to mother in law being stressed out about not wanting the company anymore. and with trying to rush renovations. i had lost my mother when i was 18 years old and my father who has neglected me for as far as i can remember is not in my life. i have learned to do things alone. unfortunately it started with the mother in law making comments about my eating habits, saying how i will be 300 lbs.. and so on, then it started with me coming into work earlier then scheduled because she had renos to do. then it was running erans for her. and when it came to doctors appointments she would rush me home because i had her vehicle call me periodically. sooner or later i started to loose my cool. and started saying no. she would walk away slam doors and cry to her husband which he would come to speak to me. never have i ever felt attacked the way i do now. with my back against the wall. she started making comments about everyone having to walk on eggshells around me because i was too sensitive. and i would get defensive. i tried explaining to her that having a father and step mother verbally abuse you for 21 years doesnt help my opinion on adults. she told me i would have to change. and get used to the difference. if anyone has been through what ive been through they know you cannot just turn that off. it started to progressively get worse with her getting drunk and forgetting to pick me up at work so i started to message my husband quickly during slow moments, and next thing i knew she would yell at me for being on my cell phone and then put up memos in the restaurant about no one being on their cell phone. when i would do something wrong at work she would tell me im doing it wrong and instead of explaining how to do it right she would tell me to read the directions. my feet started to swell and get very sore so i had asked for shorter shifts which was no problem but the last straw was the rent situation. the agreement was 400 or whatever we can afford. and now it was 1 50 every two weeks from both of us, so 600 a month. because of my shifts being shortened i tried to ask if there could be a price change but she would not have that. i tried explaining my expenses to her and she told me her son would have to pay the difference. to pay for the renovations they did. i went and told my husband and he said if they dont understand we will just leave. the last thing i want to do is move at 5 months pregnant and having issues with 600 a month. so i started to really stress out about all of this. he went and spoke to his father who had no issues with the money issue, but why the fuss in the first place? that night i could not sleep. i was up puking and stressing all night. so i did not go to work the next day. i decided to go to the doctors and he gave me off work for medical. so i basically quit the job. next thing i know my mother in law got a doctors note saying shes off for a month due to stress as well., but what im not understanding is is this an attention trip shes on? what do i do? i cannot talk to her because i loose my temper because she just cries and doesnt be rational. she makes hurtful comments without knowing it. my poor husband has to deal with this and i just dont know what to do. :( i want to pack up and go live with my grandmother so bad. i dont feel comfortable here at all. i go outside and she will run back inside. or i would go outside and she would say hi and i dont want to talk to her so i wouldnt answer her and she would go get in her car and take off. this uncomfortable feeling is really getting to me. i dont want my baby to be harmed. :(
3 answers 3