how to hide self harm cuts and scars? without long sleeves?

They go all the way up both arms.

Bracelets

Well you've had a hard time - which is nothing to be ashamed of. I have scars which I dont hide now because they're not that noticeable. But you CAN see them...and to be honest, i dont care if people see them. THere's nothing wrong with being upset or depressed. You haven't done anything wrong. SO why try to hide them all the time? If you do want to hide them, and you will have to at times, just wear long sleeves, there's no other solution.

• Michael6 years agoReport

i wish i could just show them i do at school when im out cuz idc but when im around my parents i know if they see theyll put me in counseling be to nice to me which just feels weird... theres only one thing that can keep me from cutting is my beautiful girlfriend but... shes gone now so

I've tried the makeup and the scar remover. It doesn't work enough. Start cutting somewhere that is already hidden. For me I changed to my thighs. It is hidden pretty well. As for the scars on your arms already.... The best thing is long sleeves unfortuanetly. I have just let them be. Scars are scars. I don't even care about them anymore. Most people only care when they see a cut not a scar. Besides all this the over all best thing is to just stop. I know you don't want to hear it, but it'd be the best.

First you need to stop cutting. whatever is bothering you talk to someone about it. Cutting is not the solution. Go talk to the school coucelor and maybe they can tell you were you can join a support group for peers your age to talk about their problems.

You can't really hide them. You can try to put stuff on the scars and cuts to heal them and make the scars less notiicable but this takes time.

Try "scars no more" by forces of nature. Its natural oil works really really good for new cuts and they say it can help with old ones too. You can google it and buy online. You can also put pure 100% aloe vera oil. and pearl cream works too.

Please don't cut yourself anymore.

you could try make up and bio oil but what worked for me was just accepting them. i am no longer ashamed of my scars because it played a huge part of shaping who i am. although i am not proud of my scars i am proud that i only have scars and there are no fresh ones. if people have anything to say about it, well it just shows there ignorance. to be able to over come this or even to go through it it shows that you are a strong person who just didn't know the right methods of coping at the time.

A mixture of makeup and chunky bracelets should hide the scars fairly well as long as nobody is looking for them.

I hope you've quit cutting! I would suggest make up foundation or concealer. Eventually your scars will fade best way to help them fade is with lotion or something to soften up the skin

Stop hiding, Admit you are in pain and are angry, speak to someone about your problems. Start with a teen crisis phone line, discover you are not alone, learn there are people who will help you.

Self harm is like a drug, it is only a temporary fix. Just like like drugs, you can stop if you only just try.

Stage make up?

Bracelets?

Scar remover oils (try bio oil)?

• Elaine

stop cutting