Do you ever get an impression that people only respect money?

Yeah, I can understand when people treat you better when you drive a nice car and wear a suit. My problem is with my parents. I think there was a change in how they treat me when I started making more money. Soon I'll be making more money than my father. I'm 29 and close to making $1000 per week. Now my... show more Yeah, I can understand when people treat you better when you drive a nice car and wear a suit. My problem is with my parents. I think there was a change in how they treat me when I started making more money. Soon I'll be making more money than my father. I'm 29 and close to making $1000 per week.

Now my parents want me to start a family and are generally way up my ars about my life. They're the type of parents who are overbearing and disrespectful. The problem is I don't want a family and can't even sleep in the same room with another woman. What bothers me is that my parents keep telling me how important family is but I don't buy it. There is a clear difference between how I'm spoken to when I was poor and now have money.

My grandmother had a kid and now she lives alone in another city, my grandfather lived alone for most of his life. If I was younger and dumber and poorer perhaps family would seem like a good idea, now it just seems like too much work and I want to get my parents to get off my back.