30 day Church challenge has any one heard of this what do you think?

lately my church started this series "the 30 day church challenge" I don't know what it is but the series just seems lame.... I can't explain it, there's a book, that you have to buy separately, and a coin they give you on the first day of the five week (church sunday weeks) series.. and I... show more lately my church started this series "the 30 day church challenge" I don't know what it is but the series just seems lame.... I can't explain it, there's a book, that you have to buy separately, and a coin they give you on the first day of the five week (church sunday weeks) series.. and I can't explain it, it just seems too Commercial and not genuine to me, the program pushes small groups to study the book, you have to buy, I guess you don't have to but it seems they are pushing it... the series is put out by a company called outreach, they supply different church supplies and study material. is anyone familiar with this or the company???