Bank account closed without notice!!?

I am with halifax and called up to check my balance and they told me it was closed due to it not being used! They never gave ANY notice whatsoever just a bank statement after theyd closed it and i have money in there wich is mine and id like it back.. There cant be no way i ent eligable to get whats mine back! Has anyone else experienced this before and go there money back??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best answer

They don't deserve your custom. Visit the branch, withdraw your funds and pop it into Lloyds. Stuff Halifax.

• 3 years ago

As long as you let your web organization be aware of that there was once an error with the primary fee and make a new payment to them, they will not have an drawback with it. You will also have got to assess with the financial institution about why the account was once closed and fix any disorders they have got with you and your debts. In the event you attempt to use a closed account with out fixing the mistakes, that you may be charged with assess fraud. (despite the fact that it is an electronic transaction, the bills could be equivalent.) as long as you proper the mistakes and take care of any expenditures that occurred considering the fact that of it, (such as "bounced examine fees", ) you're going to now not face any crook charges in court docket.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

If, you haven't used your account for a certain period of time then they will close your account because they regard it has been 'inactive!' most bank's would do exactly the same with anyone in your position too.

Source(s): JellyFish
  • 7 years ago

Go to the bank to pick up your check or they will mail it.

Call and ask

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

All you have to do is go into the branch with your ID and withdraw your money. They are not keeping it.

• b
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

look at it from their point of view. account has no transactions, so it must be not used anymore, its taking up space, close it down.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.