Was your last day of high school the last day of term, or did you just leave after the last exam?

I did not see the point in going to school after completing my last exam. The last two years are all about preparing for exams, so what do senior students do at school, if they finish the last one, say one or two weeks before the last day of term? We did not have graduation ceremonies or proms when I was at... show more I did not see the point in going to school after completing my last exam. The last two years are all about preparing for exams, so what do senior students do at school, if they finish the last one, say one or two weeks before the last day of term?
We did not have graduation ceremonies or proms when I was at school. I left in 1976.
---------------
My mother asked if there would be any 'ceremony'. I said if some of the other kids knew I was leaving that day, I might get chucked in the swimming pool. [This did not happen]