How do you tell someone you barely know that they're being annoying?

Just recently, I started attending a church youth group so I can make my Confermation in a few years(I'm Roman Catholic) and it seems almost like the group is separated into two smaller groups -- the people that know eachother that have been attending for a long time, and the newbies that have just started... show more Just recently, I started attending a church youth group so I can make my Confermation in a few years(I'm Roman Catholic) and it seems almost like the group is separated into two smaller groups -- the people that know eachother that have been attending for a long time, and the newbies that have just started attending and don't know anyone. I fit into the second category, so I decided to make some new friends. Our first meeting wasn't really anything official -- it was a card night that was supposed to double as a mixer, I guess, and at our first meeting, I met a few kids, but one in particular (lets call her E) kept rubbing me the wrong way. I introduced myself to the kids at my table, and talked to everyone the same, yet, it seems like E keeps on clinging to me -- if I was talking to someone, she'd interrupt mid-sentence, or try to catch my attention for something totally unrelated, and it was pretty annoying. After the meeting was over, I just ignored it -- I thought she'd meet more people by our second, and she'd mellow out a little. I had no such luck -- before class even started she found me and was chattering again. I started talking to another girl, and we had this social excercise where you could get to know someone, but we had to sit in a circle, and she situated herself between the other girl and I just so we couldn't talk. Then, while the teacher was telling us where to go, she wouldn't shut up. I asked her to quiet down for a bit, at least till he was done, and that worked for approximately ten seconds. Then there was a point where she was just talking, and I was almost blatantly ignoring her. When I did that, she started calling my name, and tapping on my head, and squeezing my hand and laughing. I'm cool with being physical and poking at someone, but that's only if I've known you for at least a week -- E and I had only met twice.

I'm not a mean person, but she was really getting on my nerves -- I don't like possessive friends. I should be able to socialize with as many people I want. I don't tend to spend my entire day with one friend -- I'm a social person, have lots of friends, and I definitely don't like "belonging" to someone, since she keeps trying to pull me away from whoever I talk to. It's really annoying. I understand that It's possible that she's just not good with people -- I kind of recall her saying something about how people at her old middle school didn't like her (big shocker) and I felt sorry because I know how that feels. But how am I supposed to tell her to calm down and give me some space and I've only met her twice? I'll sound like a presumptuous, uppity chick if I simply tell her to "back off" or "see more people" or that she's being too clingy. I would do it if I really knew her, or had class with her every day or something (I've been faced with similar situations) but I only see her on Sunday for Sunday school.

Help? :(
Update: And no, she's not a lesbian -- I attend an arts high school, and have tons of lesbian/bi/gay friends -- she isn't flirting with me.