For the stylish senior ladies ... How do you incorporate fashion trends, yet dress appropriately?

I should mention, I'm not *quite* a senior (just) yet, but ... having a hard time getting dressed lately! My eyes are drawn toward the fun, trendy 'juniors' styles, but of course they don't look right on me. And I'm a bit (OK, a LOT) too old to pull those looks off. But I don't want a... show more I should mention, I'm not *quite* a senior (just) yet, but ... having a hard time getting dressed lately!

My eyes are drawn toward the fun, trendy 'juniors' styles, but of course they don't look right on me. And I'm a bit (OK, a LOT) too old to pull those looks off. But I don't want a comfy, 'frumpy' look, either ... not quite ready to venture out in public in sweats, polyester stretch pants, or the head-to-toe 'coordinates' look (Michael Phelps' mom, for example ... though she looks great! It's just NOT me!) ... !

I'm NOT trying to look 30! I'd rather look a happy, confident 50 ... but how can I do that? I want to dress stylishly, and be able to incorporate elements that are timely and fun, but not make the mistake of dressing too 'young' for my age.

Thanks ahead for any answers ... Looking forward to the responses. Oh, and the gents are welcome to chime in as well!