Lucy asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

Almost fainted from hair colour fumes, will this happen again next time I dye my hair?

My mum was dying my hair and I started to feel really light headed, she told me to stand up and she walked me over to kneel by the window (away from the fumes) to get some fresh air. I almost fainted after a few seconds and I don't remember anything other than knowing my eyes were open and I could barely see (I'm fine now). The next thing I know my mum is walking me through to sit on my bed and she looked after me and then I was fine as she had finished dying my hair. Also, the room she was dying my hair in was quite hot so would that have had something to do with it?

I've never fainted/almost fainted before and I was extremely worried and I don't want to experience it again. My question is will this happen again next time my hair needs dying?

Next time you dye your hair open all the windows and maybe a back door?,

Try to get a dye with less fumes or maybe try to sit outside while she is doing it if its nice weather, It could of been a mixture of the two that has caused it so dont worry, follow my advise and you should be totally fine next time!

I wish you well:)