Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 7 years ago

Women, what if your husband asked for a paternity test?

Would you be offended if he asked for a paternity test to make sure the kids are his?

I'd take a paternity test, but I'd make him take a lie detector test... If there's no trust, well? There's no trust.

I'd be deeply offended and very hurt, also very angry. It would definitely make me question the relationship. The paternity test thing is a standing joke in our house though, our son looks so much like his dad that it's comical. No Jeremy Kyle needed there!

Asking for a peternity test is only fair because it reveals the truth, and the truth can be really agonizing. Women should not be offended, but ashamed if the tests come out negative and the children who had seen the man as their "father" all that time is not their real father....

@dark eyes, Lie detector tests are not always 100% accurate, lol

• RiitzC

Had a boyfriend once that told me if I got pregnant that he wanted a test. Turns out he was cheating with my best friend.

I would be disappointed and rather heart broken if the current guy I'm with asked but I would get it done for his peace of mind.

• ?

i might experience bowled over and harm, i'm not likely married yet i does not be having unprotected intercourse with adult adult males previously i desperate to marry. I trust groundhog, a paternity try could desire to be mandatory after the infant is born.

im pregnant after bein with my bf for a yr and a half, he has always said that if this ever happened he would want a test, he has trust issues and even though i was very offended isnt it better that he doesnt spend years worrying and doubting. if hes paying, and it eases his mind isnt it for the best? xx

Source(s): experience kinda
  • Of course I would be offended. I would cooperate, than glare at him for the next 3 months or so. How rude!

I'd tell him where he could stick the paternity test. How dare he implicate that about you! (not you you, just collective you)

I agree with Joe. What prompted him to ask in the first place? If nothing, and he only did out of curiosity, then you should be offended. I know I would if I were a girl

No man in his right mind would do that. He SHOULD secretly get DNA samples from the kids and test on the sly, that way no harm if it turns out they're his.

Dudes need to get clever.

• Frank

Yes, that is offensive. And dumb. If he really wanted to know, he'd swab his cheek and the child's cheek, and the lab would give him an answer.

He's asking because it's his passive-aggressive way of saying that he doesn't trust you and doesn't respect you.