I have a fear of getting to the bottom of important matters incase i get told bad news , what do you call this?

im mid thirties now, i have a very bad anxiety disorder ive lived with for all my adult life...this particulr fear as developed over the years and grown stronger.. i get fearful of going through the process of getting to the bottom of matters ? whether its ringing up a utility company to find out about my... show more im mid thirties now, i have a very bad anxiety disorder ive lived with for all my adult life...this particulr fear as developed over the years and grown stronger..

i get fearful of going through the process of getting to the bottom of matters ?

whether its ringing up a utility company to find out about my bills, or how much is owed? incase they shock me with some expected news..

whether its a government letter a fear of opening it incase its some heavy, serious news...or anything unexpected out of the blue ?

whether its phoning up a place like a computer repair shop to enquire about my computer they fixed...ongoing enquiries...incase the repair guy is impatient or short with me.....or tells me some bad news about my computer......things haven't run smoothly.

i keep getting told by a family member ; face your fear your a man, no one can do you nothing....when you find out what it is then you can deal with it....dont be frightened of that..

great words, but at times when i try to do that...panic over what i might here or find out when i investigate something, overwhelms me..

this fear is growing quite a lot i just wanted a simple strategy to face it and combat it, get over the fear. thanks