Easy way to cook oatmeal?

Is there an easier way took oatmeal? I make it using rolled oats and skim milk. Every time I do there is always SO MUCH of it stuck to the pot. I try cleaning immediatly after I'm done cooking it but its still very tough to do. Any suggestions?

• Tigger
    Favorite Answer

I always cook it in the microwave right in the bowl I eat it from, but I use water not milk...

• Ados

Get a tall plastic/microwaveable container to keep the oatmeal from boiling over the sides and making a huge mess, Put the portion of oats you want in with water, depends how thick/runny you want it, add milk later because it boils and goes over the sides too easy. Cook on full heat for 4 mins, watch it in case it boils over, I watch through the door. Take out , stirr, put back in for another 3=4 mins. Take out and stir more times as needed. Add milk, heat again for less than 1 min. Enjoy and no horrible pot. The oatsn you use might need a longer time.

Spray the pot with Pam but a better idea would be to use minute oats, they are just as good and cook up in one minute.

One serving oatmeal? Go for the microwave. Maybe don't cook it as long so it doesn't get really thick in the pot?

• liu

One of my favourite matters that I began making while I was once just a bit more youthful than you is biscuits with sausage gravy. Here's how I make it. a million can of Grands biscuits. a million lb. of Jimmy Deans sausage ("Country moderate" or usual is nice). three-four cups of milk. Flour Either a "deep" pan, or a relatively significant pot, circumference is fundamental. a million.five teaspoon pepper a million/two teaspoon paprika Preheat your oven to 350 (or something the can of biscuits say) Heat the pan/pot up on medium-prime warmness and begin striking the sausage in there in small lumps (nickle to quarter dimension, no thicker than your pinky) in a unmarried layer. Stand via the range, sometimes turning the sausage over with a fork, evenly browning the chunks on each side, positioned them right into a bowl as they are cooked. Do this with the entire pound of sausage. Slowly pour your milk into the pan/pot, flip your warmness down the medium-low, as soon as the milk warms up, slowly upload 3 tablespoons of flour. Use both a whisk or a fork to cautiously combine the flour in (I most of the time agitate the milk close the flour, so it step by step pulls the flour in, is helping scale back lumps). This is the time ingesting side, upon getting your flour in, sometimes stir, ideally with a utensil that may not wreck the backside of your pot/pan, you must believe it begin to get thicker. Add a bit of little bit of flour (and giving it approximately five mins every time) till the gravy thickens to a consistency that you simply desire. Add your spices, stir them in, positioned your sausage into the gravy, scale back the warmness to low, get your biscuits within the oven. Stir the gravy sometimes, it'll increase a "movie" on best. When biscuits are performed, break up a couple of open to your plate, best with as a lot gravy as you desire, and experience!

I just put half hot water and half milk