Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 8 years ago

Is there like any strategy to win the lottery?

Might sound crazy but what can I say( hard times buddy..........hard times )

......anyway I was wondering about all these books and websites that opened up thesedays about winning the CA lotto....is there a certain way to play or is it just luck..... ( btw I know it's mostly luck....but still )

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Best way to be sure of making money out of lotteries is to write a book about how to win a lottery.

Lotteries are completely random. The governments that run them are extremely motivated to make sure that they remain as completely random as possible.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • pdq
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

"you will increase your odds slightly by using the same numbers every lottery you play"

I'd LOVE to see the math behind that statement! (Only because I like to laugh at the extremely bogus.)

If you're on hard times, then you should NOT be wasting your money on lottery tickets. The lottery is nothing more than a TAX on the poor and on the ignorant. Do you realize that poor people spend a higher percentage of their income on lottery tickets than any other class of people? This is the truth, but you don't have to be part of that statistic.

To answer your question, NO! There is NO strategy that can increase your chances of winning even the slightest bit. Furthermore, ANYONE who tells you otherwise is either trying to sell you some piece of crap system, OR they are a complete idiot, or both.

One more piece of information about the lottery. Do you realize that the lottery company operates on a premise of a 50% payback rate? In other words, for every $100,000 they collect from ticket sales, they only pay back about $50,000 to winning tickets. At a 50% payback rate, no other standard form of gambling on the planet comes even close to being as bad as playing the lottery. It's not even close.

If you MUST play, buy just ONE quick pick ticket once in a while when the jackpot is big. For the cost of a ticket, perhaps it's worth it to give you that dream of "hitting it big". Any more spent than that is a total waste of money.

• 8 years ago

There is no strategy to picking numbers or a way to guarantee a win.

That being said, you can be smart about which lottery to play and choose the one with the best odds.

I like using theLotter's "theSmart" list that gives the best cost/benefit ratio of every lottery currently being offered.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No, though that doesn't stop people from trying!

The Lottery is a "voluntary tax" on the innumerate.

Just like coin tosses, the outcome of the next set of Lottery numbers is not influenced in any way by previous outcomes...

The only "strategy" available to you is to pick numbers no-one else is likely to pick (to decrease the odds you will have to "share")...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Hi, if u wanna win a lottery always or almost always you must see this page http://sistemaganarlaloteria.com/?hop=dackhan ... I was skeptical at the beginning but i did it and it really works. The page is in spanish but u can translate... i hope it works and good luck!!

• Martin
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Smale's Cat said "The only "strategy" available to you is to pick numbers no-one else is likely to pick (to decrease the odds you will have to "share")..." -- this is the only strategy that has merit to it, all other strategies will help you win the lottery just as much as putting on blue socks will help you win.

• Bruce
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Of course there is not. Selling fake prognostications has been a well paying job since the invention of religion.

• 8 years ago

No, there is no any tricks to win lottery, but you can use lucky numbers that may help sometimes!

• John W
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

If you are using pick numbers lottery, you will increase your odds slightly by using the same numbers every lottery you play.

• 8 years ago

Not that i know of but if you find out, give me a message :L

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.