Sam asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 7 years ago

How did Sherlock Holmes survived from the water fall?

I'm a fan of a story of Sherlock, especially from the movie. But at the end of the second movie, I was astonished that Holmes was still alive. I did he survived from the water fall while fighting Moriarty

• Ghazan
    Favorite Answer

In the book he never fell into the waterfall...he was hiding between the rocks..because morirarty's henchman were gunning for him

• Marli

I don't know how the film makers are going to answer the question. Here is how Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had Holmes answer it in The Adventure of the Empty House (in The Return of Sherlock Holmes) [BTW Don't British libraries have the Sherlock Holmes books? The man is one of the worlds famous fictional cultural icons.]

"This is indeed like the old days. We shall have time for a mouthful of dinner before we need go. Well, then, about that chasm. I had no serious difficulty in getting out of it, for the very simple reason that I never was in it."

"You never were in it?"

"No, Watson, I never was in it. My note to you was absolutely genuine. I had little doubt that I had come to the end of my career when I perceived the somewhat sinister figure of the late Professor Moriarty standing upon the narrow pathway which led to safety. I read an inexorable purpose in his grey eyes. I exchanged some remarks with him, therefore, and obtained his courteous permission to write the short note which you afterwards received. I left it with my cigarette-box and my stick and I walked along the pathway, Moriarty still at my heels. When I reached the end I stood at bay. He drew no weapon, but he rushed at me and threw his long arms around me. He knew that his own game was up, and was only anxious to revenge himself upon me. We tottered together upon the brink of the fall. I have some knowledge, however, of baritsu, or the Japanese system of wrestling, which has more than once been very useful to me. I slipped through his grip, and he with a horrible scream kicked madly for a few seconds and clawed the air with both his hands. But for all his efforts he could not get his balance, and over he went. With my face over the brink I saw him fall for a long way. Then he struck a rock, bounded off, and splashed into the water."

It could be that what we saw at the end of the movie isn't rather what occurred however most effective what Watson saw. Within the Sherlock Holmes television series starring Jeremy Brett there used to be an highly equivalent scene. Holmes and Moriarti went over the falls and both seemingly died, however that was only by means of Watson's eyes, handiest Moriarti went over absolutely. The opposite probability is that Holmes fell into the water at an attitude that wouldn't break his back and he was able to breathe utilising Microft's gadget and swim to shore.

breathing apparatus. The story ignores the fact it was a huge drop and in reality both would have hit rocks on the way down.

Come on now, let's not ruin the story!

The same way Dr. Richard Kimble survived in the movie "The Fugitive". The writers let him.

• cause he's sherlock holmes the one and only ;D