Connecting wireless Xbox 360 controller to laptop?

I have a wireless controller that lights up, but does not sync with my Xbox 360 anymore, so it's useless with my console. I have a laptop with Windows 7. What's the best way to connect the controller, if possible. Does a play & charge kit connect it to my laptop? I would like to know before I spend $20 on... show more I have a wireless controller that lights up, but does not sync with my Xbox 360 anymore, so it's useless with my console. I have a laptop with Windows 7. What's the best way to connect the controller, if possible. Does a play & charge kit connect it to my laptop? I would like to know before I spend $20 on the kit.

The game I want to do this with is Minecraft, play it on my laptop, but with the comfort of a controller.
Update: I hope the wireless gaming receiver works, the wireless connection on the controller is sort of broken, the controller can turn on the Xbox but it will not be assigned to a quadrant. No matter how many times I try to sync to the 360, it doesn't work, but my other controllers do. I hope the controller is able to... show more I hope the wireless gaming receiver works, the wireless connection on the controller is sort of broken, the controller can turn on the Xbox but it will not be assigned to a quadrant. No matter how many times I try to sync to the 360, it doesn't work, but my other controllers do. I hope the controller is able to sync to the wireless gaming receiver.