Connecting wireless Xbox 360 controller to laptop?

I have a wireless controller that lights up, but does not sync with my Xbox 360 anymore, so it's useless with my console. I have a laptop with Windows 7. What's the best way to connect the controller, if possible. Does a play & charge kit connect it to my laptop? I would like to know before I spend $20 on the kit.

The game I want to do this with is Minecraft, play it on my laptop, but with the comfort of a controller.

I hope the wireless gaming receiver works, the wireless connection on the controller is sort of broken, the controller can turn on the Xbox but it will not be assigned to a quadrant. No matter how many times I try to sync to the 360, it doesn't work, but my other controllers do. I hope the controller is able to sync to the wireless gaming receiver.

• opurt

The only thing that will connect a wireless 360 controller to a PC or laptop is the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows.

Sync Wireless Xbox Controller

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I have a wireless controller that lights up, but does not sync with my Xbox 360 anymore, so it's useless with my console. I have a laptop with Windows 7. What's the best way to connect the controller, if possible. Does a play & charge kit connect it to my laptop? I would like to know before...

Source(s): connecting wireless xbox 360 controller laptop: https://tr.im/ZLDJY

I recommend a "Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver". Its an Accessory that allows you to connect up to four wireless controllers to your cpu. I use it whenever I play skyrim or Batman Arkham City. You can buy one at a store like best buy or you can order it online. Here's a link

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Rec...

Or you can spend 40-60 bucks on a wired 360 controller.

As for the play and charge kit, It will only charge your controllers battery's. Trust me I've tried.

if u want the controller to work 4 pc then no luck there. they have specially designed controllers that were made for pc but have the look and feel from an xbox controller. logitech makes them and u can pick them up at office depot for a reasonable price. ps... try the sync button on the controller and sync button on the 360 at the same time and hopefully it would connect.

Source(s): personal experience

Plugging it in will automatically connect it because it is a microsoft product. :) I don't think you can use it wirelessly on the laptop. I think it always has to be plugged in. That's how my Ps3 controller is but it was harder to install because it doens't configure with windows like Xbox 360 controllers do. :)

Source(s): a week of Internet research.

you need an adaptor and windows

you cant