Should states be required to provide a photo-ID to all registered voters?

.

If a photo-id is required to vote, should a photo-id be required to pay your taxes?

.

First 3: Can't any of you answer a simple question?

FDK : No state is actually required to provide a registered voter with a photo-id.

Yes

Whats more they shouldn't require you to travel to vote or get such an ID.

Why is someone bedridden any less a citizen than you?

Yes. Voting fraud, although ignored by the impartial press, has reached the level of an epidemic. Cook County, Illinois continues to have more than 100% of the eligible voters cast a ballot. Snowbirds wintering in Florida believe it is acceptable to vote both in Florida and in their home state. The entire state of New Mexico is one large block of voting irregularities.

States with ID laws also offer free picture IDs for residents who lack such, so it is difficult to say that the issue is to prevent the poor from voting. The issue is instead maintaining the status quo so one political party can benefit by having voters showing up multiple times to cast a ballot.

• Jim B

If a person refuses to produce a photo I.D. to vote it makes me wonder if they are even qualified to vote. Then my concern would be how many times will they be able to vote and will it nullify my honest vote. There is proof this did happen in the last election and this is how we got stuck with the loser we have now. I would hate it if he was re-elected by the same method again. I wonder if there is even any reason to vote if the rampant fraud is allowed to continue. This is America, We are the example for the rest of the world,we should be beyond this.

NO!!

First of all the idea of more voter I.D. is a red herring by Republicans to fix the election .

They say it is needed when the facts are that in the worst state there were only 7 proven cases in 14 million votes.

It only takes an idiot to vote illegally because of the major felony penalties.

In Idaho they mail you a voter registration card for that. You only have to show a birth certificate to register. I vote absentee. I just have them my Social Security number online to prove I was old enough and born in the USA. Some other states do same thing too.

Source(s): I voted for my brother once by just giving his name at the polling place in California. He was in LA County Jail for traffic tickets at the time. I'm Republican and he is a Democrat (was then). So I voted for Clinton's second term like he wanted me to do under his name.
  • Jeff

I think it's a good idea for States to require a photo-ID to vote.............BUT it should be up to the individual states to decide, not the Federal Government.

NO.

Their are plenty of States that require ID when voting.

Why invent another expensive Government Program that will be mismanaged?

No. They should make sure photo-IDs aren't too cumbersome to obtain, but beyond that, it is the individual's responsibility to obtain that ID, register, and get to the polling booth.

• nader

we require identity in our state. we do not have any topics. Is the genuine difficulty the following that you adult men favor illegals to vote? shall we ask the standard question that each and each man or woman is averting! the reality isn't any identity, anyone can vote! DO you truly favor someone from Iran or Syria voting in our elections? Come on human beings. lol- merely see in the experience that they enable you to vote of their elections!

Most states do, just against Fed law to ask Voters to show them

• NCR

75% of Americans support voter ID laws

No states shouldn't be required to do that, they should offer forms at the voting booths though or something. We don't need another mandate that will somehow end up flopping.

edit: RE: the tax thing, the premise is ridiculous. Tax man, "pay your taxes". Me "I don't have ID" Tax man, "Oh, you can't pay taxes then". Me "Fine by me"