Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

Eli Manning or Philip Rivers?

Who would you rather have?

I asked this question a year ago, and the unanimous answer was Philip Rivers. A couple of answers said that the trade was horrible, and if the Giants kept Rivers, they woud've won 3 more super bowls. I'm interestd to see what people say now.

BQ: Is Tom Coughlin a Hall of Famer?

This was the question I asked a week after the Miracle at the New Meadowlands:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201012...

Hooray! I sparked an argument!!

• Chaos

Eli Manning and it's not even close.

At Jordan: You judge greatness on rings, as evident by your claim that Brady is better than Peyton, yet you think Rivers is better? Contradicting yourself again I see...

Instead of giving a bunch of thumbs downs, could anyone who wrote Rivers provide an argument? Also, just note -- 2006 San Diego Chargers was one of the most talented team in the past 10 years and was just as good as the 2007 Giants or 2011 Giants. Also, lets talk about the fact that Rivers has 9 INT, 8 TDs and 58.5% completion percentage in the playoffs, compared to Eli's 8 INT, 17 TDs and 61.5% completion percentage

1) That comment was taken out of context and I agreed he was elite before last season.

2) The guy put himself in the same league as Brady before last season... he ended last season beating Brady.

3) 4002 yards and 31 touchdown is a bad season? Okay... won't even bother disputing your logic there. Also, I'm sure Eli Manning's 103.8 QB rating, 75% completion percentage, 296 yards and 1 touchdown had NOTHING to do with their win last season

Oh yeah, would Brady have won his three super bowls without HIS defense and clutch kicker? What has Brady done since he lost his elite defense (and spygate)? EXACTLY.

You want to talk statistics? Peyton Manning is statistically better than Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers was statistically better than Tom Brady last season, yet you still claim Tom Brady was the best last season and GOAT

Where was Victor Cruz before Eli Manning? You always talk about Wes Welker being a nobody without Brady. Also, how did the mighty Colts do last year without Peyton? I remember the Patriots going around 11-5 without Brady and the Colts flirting with 0-16. Also, I'm sure Gronk, Lloyd and Welker are all talentless scrubs -- oh wait, you degrade them to praise Brady, then upgrade them to praise the Patriots as a whole when you want to compare the Patriots with another team. Also, I get that your knowledge of football is incredibly low, so I'll make this clear -- Randy Moss was one of the most talented receivers of all time and NOT average by any means. How was Dallas Clark last year? What about Reggie Wayne, the guy who always posted 1,000 yards with Peyton? How about Tamme, who was relevant when Clark got hurt a couple of years ago? Garcon? Collie

I'm also sure Decker and Thomas just jumped into your top 10 receivers list now.

If Lloyd does good this season, I'm sure you're going to totally ignore the fact that he had the best statistical season for a WR in 2011 with ORTON as his QB and talk about how he's just another average player who Brady made great. I feel stupider reading your answers. Reading your answers is practically like absorbing an influx of stupidity.

Who's the best tight end in the game then? Graham? No! He has Drew Brees. Gates? No! He has the great Phillip Rivers. Probably Finley, right? Since he has the sucky Aaron Rodgers?

Adequate Merriman and Rivers for Eli no danger in hell. Rivers for Eli Manning hmmmm There will be ideas and cash disorders included but i might decide upon Philip Rivver. His improvment from last yr is bigger than Eli Mannings.

People whose reasoning is that the only reason Eli has won super bowls is because of his defense need to look at the defensive ranks of the giants team both years, because as you will see it ranked near the bottom. Guy who is praising Brady for winning behind a bad defense last year shut up because Eli won with a worst team. One reason for Eli being the better qb is that he elevates the talent of his receivers. Example is Steve smith with the giants he was a huge threat and ended up with a 100+ reception year than goes to the eagles and has a **** year, another example any giants tight end since shockey has played better with Eli than with a new team like Kevin boss

BQ: coughlin is a hall of famer

Before the 2011 season, Rivers. After, Eli. Not necessarily because Eli won the Super Bowl, but because Rivers' production dropped big time last year.

Eli. He's done more with less. I do think the biggest issue with the Chargers has been coaching, but Rivers does have a tendency to fall apart under pressure. Rivers is the flashy guy who can make the spectacular play sometimes. Eli is the steady guy who can consistently win for you.

BQ: Absolutely at this point.

• GTAP!!

Rivers. If his team can pReformaround him or he had a better coach, they'd have a ring. Plus when they got to the AFC championship they didn't have to play cupcake teams like the Giants. They got the 17-0 Pats and the Great Steelers.I think he also puts up better numbers than Eli.

BQ: sure

Rivers had some scurb receivers to work with besides Gates. I mean V-Jax is good but is a big headache and got injured.

Eli Manning's Hot steak is better than Rivers.

Theyre fairly similar though.

Philip Rivers for me but the super bowl rings don't lie

Eli Manning by far, the 2 rings do the talking.

BQ: Yes

• Hawk M

Eli.

Rivers can't finish it.

if his hands and talent were as good as his mouth, he'd win in the post season.

you have to get into the Super Bowl, before you can win.

San Diego likes to brag about how much talent they have.

Then where are the post season wins?

Rivers just irritates me.

Eli Manming has two super bowl rings and he is more consistent