Why is the bible so stupid and why do christians seem to never have read it?

Why do fundamentalist Christians bother, half of them haven't read their own book or they would know what a pile of crap it is. I ask them questions and they just ask me to go away. They can't face up to the fact that the bible is garbage.

I dnt know how to answer on this thing but the whole book is made up of entirely contradictory statements e.g you shall worship no other god for I your god am a jealous god oh by the way envy is a sin, and why you're at it since you raped my daughter pay me some money and marry her you lovely rapist fellow. Smells like a rubbish book to me.

and why do christians always have the thinnest of answers like god is testing you or god has a plan I could say the same about anything. There's faith and then there's crazy or grasping at straws. I don't believe in a book that was written by people who pretended that it's gods work, though I am glad that god took the time out of his busy schedule to tell fathers to marry their daughters off to men who rape them. Thanks god.

And just because I don't believe the same as you doesn't make me a troll. Singing the mockingbird song isn't an intelligent answer but thanks nice to know that you as a christian have a lovely nasty streak just as expected. Well done you Mrs. Idiot.

I'll try to answer what I think are questions. Under God's Law a rapist would have to marry the woman with no chance of ever divorcing her. He would have to support her for the rest of her life. He wouldn't be a husband so much as a bondservant. A lifetime sentence without the possibility of parole. Do you think that would be a suitable deterrent to rape?

If you think mere men wrote the Bible then take this challenge: http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/panin.htm

I can't tell who is a Christian and who isn't. so it would be foolish to claim Christians haven't read the Bible. But I'll bet you dollars to donuts there are plenty of people who claim to be Christian who haven't read the Bible.

"Stupid" is not an accurate description of the Bible. But you'd have to study it to come to that conclusion.

Rather than rely on Christians to answer your questions about the Bible, perhaps it would be wise to study it for yourself.

I truly have met extra Atheist on suitable here that know extra approximately the bible than Christians . i think the persons that seem to the bible without the OH keep ME . stay for ever and ever and placed out of your suggestions at cutting-edge BS it is propaganda of the ><< and that i despise this word so badly < Christian> have you ever traced the beginning place of this word . have you ever traced the beginning place of religion of . could desire to you do then you definately could desire to grasp why i despise the Romans and there God . now no longer announcing the easily everyone seems to be risky . i comprehend many catholics that do stable with God . regardless of if i comprehend many extra that defile Gods word . only like the POPE . this being is in opposition to the very standards taught in the bible . now the Atheist they arrive in the direction of the teaching of the bible than lots so time-honored as Christians . the Christians fallow the commandments to OOOOHHHH aboid the intensity of helll OOOHHHH and the Atheist do it only out of standard journey . and information of that is in the reality that those style of holly rollers do no longer look extinct . take the Christian cult . they have repetitiously tried to break all that oppose them and that they are in spite of the shown fact that being opposed . regardless of if the atheist have only went there strategies and truly stay a miles better life . and the reason of that's Christianity includes a decision who's atheist . they define what atheist is . atheist isn't a life form that is life without this terror of the boogy guy the church makes use of to get the persons to bow suitable right down to a god that they dont know or know . Me i'm no longer an atheist or a Christian . My eyes are open to throughout me . and blind to all it is now no longer . and if that is sensible to then you definately you're blessed with a godly eye . if it does now no longer stable your in spite of the shown fact that blessed regardless of if by way of a further god .

Historically, most readers of the Bible have read it and concluded that the parts which are difficult to understand (e.g. "a pile of crap") are due to historical and cultural distance between themselves and the writers of the text rather than some inherant defect in the text. The most recent texts are at least 1900 years old, written in a foreign language in a different culture on a different continent. Picking it up and assuming that it will mesh with modern expectations without effort is probably unrealistic.

Course loads of us have read it........isn't trolling supposed to be cleverer than this. Mockin bird.......everybody have ya heard he gonna buy me a mockin bird and if that mockin bird don't sing he gonna buy me a troll instead. If you put provocative to anger posts then you are bound to be called a troll..............anyway some tolls are lovely. But NOT the angry ones who just tell everyone off for being a Christian and accuse people of not being clever because they believe they have the knosos and right to put everyone down to raise them selves up....those ones are MOCKINBIRDS

Can I just add not everyone can read. For you lot who think people can't be a Christian if they haven't read their Bible then you exclude Children, Babies and People with disabilities, some with depression and mental health problems from the Kingdom of God. No one is excluded in Christ. And stop being silly, you know very well only God judges who he gives eternal life to.

Anyone who says you're not saved because you haven't read your Bible obviously might have read it but MOST CERTAINLY haven't understood it. READ IT AGAIN NAUGHTYS

If a question is asked in such a way then you must let people answer with out resorting to just being cross. Being called troll is much better than other things i've been called for standing up to people like you when accuseing others or knowing nothing of the faith we follow.....chill out and don't worry about it.

Well done to you too. You are such a stupid, idiot who probably has no faith or confidence in anything but yourself - go away and hide from the human race

Source(s): these are the most ignorant, unintelligent remarks I have ever had the misfortune to read

Those contradictions are only there when you don't look for them.

G-d's jelousy is to help us understand that it is like we are cheating on g-d when we woship something else. (the way you may have been adressing things is wrong your not the one smarter than g-d, but it's g-d who is smarter than us all.

The Jewish rabbis understood early on that g-d gave room to those who don't want to believe to go that way.

In Deutoronmy it says you shall teach your children. What mass public education of children who does something like that (especially not those who are the 1% and want illiterate people they can take advantage of).

Source(s): Orthodox Jew Bible with Rashi in Genisis

Let's put it this way. If they haven't read the Bible, they aren't truly Christians.

There are idiots out there giving every religion and philosophy a bad name, atheism included. Please don't make generalizations about Christianity in particular based on a bunch of failing "evangelists".

If you have any questions, try asking someone knowledgeable next time. Please.

I've read it... what questions do you have? If you'd like to ask me them, I'd be more than happy to discuss with you. BTW, I am not a Fundamentalist Christian. I am a religious anthropologist, so I can answer other questions you may have about other world religions too.

Source(s): Having read the Bible yearly...

what questions do you have? The Bible is stupid?

A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.

Theodore Roosevelt

It does seem rather stupid labeling yourself christian if you haven't read the bible. Although you can be 'culturally christian'.