debs7405 asked in SportsOlympics · 8 years ago

do you think that the disqualified badminton players should stand any chance with their appeal?

i sincerely hope not

8 Answers

Relevance
  • chris
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favourite answer

As I mentioned in another post, its morally wrong to appeal. The difference in this incident is - they had a verbal warning. If they choose to ignore it, their choice (coaches). Furthermore, what about the paying public, they paid for expensive seats to watch a match.

• 8 years ago

Yes. Look, it's not their fault, they were only taking advantage of the formatted system place in front of them. I'd a done the same thing because you want to go as far as possible in the tournament to get a medal. The blame should be on the rules, for allowing the opportunity to purposely drop a match in order to get a more negotiable seed. Change the rules and we won't see it, but if you have rules where this is possible, then people will do it.

• 8 years ago

NO and those countries should even be aloud to be in the Olympics if they are going to cheat. China has cheated before in gymnastics in recent Olympics, and who knows if there swimmer this year i or not. If not then good for her but if she is she should never be allowed to swim again. I'm not saying the US does not have its fair share of people who have bent the rules, but this seems to come up more often then not on every Olympics that there is some person from those countries cheating or trying to bend the rules, or doing something.

• 8 years ago

No, not a chance.

Actually the pair from China did not make the appeal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

No, they weren't in Olympic spirit of competition and basically trying to take shortcuts and cut corners. I realize the Olympics put in a rule with a loophole in it, but that's basically trying to cheat the system, which is cheating nonetheless.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

they intentionally threw the game

• ?
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

no cause they were trying to loose

• 8 years ago

CHINA CHEATS ALL THE TIME.

CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.